Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th January 2018, 18:22   #1
Mr bountyfull
Gets stuck in

MGZTV8

Smile I must be a Jonah not a Steve!

Over the last few months my luck with cars seems to drifted into the long grass.

Firstly my comfortable R75 Cdti's slave cylinder started to weep and as I paid £650 for it spending the same or more may not be sensible. It now sits waiting a final decision, strip or fix. I do like the car so I may have to find the cash.

Secondly as reported late last year a con-rod decided to make a break for freedom. I have a engine (secretly held for me) and it will hopefully be back on the road by April. Sadly my friend and local Garage owner Brian passed away on Christmas Eve. This has meant the job is on hold at least for now.

Finally I bought a S-type Jag (2.7 manual) which for all its positives its minus outweigh it in my eyes. Seven thousand miles covered in little over 2 months and I have still to gel with the car. This car is now in a local garage in Newbury after depositing its coolant. It may be a hose or an ageing radiator however the DPF is possible fit to burst and will most likely need removed and fully cleaned.

Get your lucky white heather anyone!

In all seriousness I am a glass half full man so I see all of this as an opportunity, lets get on with rest of 2018.............
Mr bountyfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2018, 20:02   #2
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

My luck has been totally rubbish for over a year, and not just with cars! Tumors, family deaths, engines, MOT's problems, boiler problems, leaky pipes, broken fridge freezers, you name it but I am now at the stage where I just nod and say, okay, lets get over this next hill/problem and plod on lol!
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2018, 01:04   #3
Mr bountyfull
Gets stuck in

MGZTV8

Well done Dawn resilience , wishing you all the best.
Mr bountyfull is offline   Reply With Quote