Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd April 2012, 19:55   #1
pob06
Gets stuck in

Starlight Silver ZT+ manual diesel saloon, Black X-Type Sport SE Diesel estate, manual.

Default What is this highline sat nav symbol?

Hi all,

I recently replaced my Rover Mk2 GPS unit with the BMW Mk3. It came with a 2009/2010 CD which I was told had POI's.

All I get on my highline display are petrol pump symbols for garages and every now and then in random posititons, three blue circles (looking like an archery target).

Does anyone know what they mean please? I've looked at the sides of the road when I've passed one but not seen anything.

I've had a play with the set up screen and found a few items such as time etc that I assume will only work with the BMW but cant find a way of accessing any other POI's, can I take it I cant access them?, or is there a way of doing it that I havent figured out?.

cheers for any help

pob

Membership number 1044 -- Apparently in 1044 Henry III, Holy Roman Emporer got bored and invaded Hungary.
pob06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2012, 20:05   #2
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

The circle symbols are supposed to represent the town or village centre. To access the POI's on a Rover Mark III (I've never used a BMW one)

1) Select Information
2) 'Information on destination' or 'Information on current location'
3) Scroll down the list of items eg Museum, car park, hotel etc
4) Select and choose the one you want. Click on it to set it as your next destination.
5) When you select a different category such as 'station' you will see the train icon on the map, if you select 'restaurants' the map will instead display a knife and fork symbol etc.

Thread moved to Factory Fit Sat Nav section BTW
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2012, 20:08   #3
pob06
Gets stuck in

Starlight Silver ZT+ manual diesel saloon, Black X-Type Sport SE Diesel estate, manual.

Cheers Paul,

Will try that. -- I've got pennies slowly dropping in the head now :-)

Sorry for wrong section

Membership number 1044 -- Apparently in 1044 Henry III, Holy Roman Emporer got bored and invaded Hungary.
pob06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:49   #4
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

To access the poi's on a BMW mk4 navigation computer:-

Works similar to MGR mk3 using right hand knob and pressing to select

From main menu select GPS navigation
1) Select destination input
2) Scroll down to information and select
3) Select travel information
4) Select either information on city (same as selected on destination input) or information on location (where you currently are)
5) Select search
6) Scroll to the option you want and enter details of poi or just click search for the nearest.

It's a lot easier and quicker to do than it sounds - there's quite a good gazetteer by the german company Falke.

The BMW mk4 has quite a good few options over the oem Rover one and allows you to have a custom splash screen, but it depends what software is loaded on the unit. The latest version is v32.2 and has split screen, night mode and perspective mode, granted some of this will not look so good on the normal 4:3 screen. The next obvious upgrade for you would be a 16:9 widescreen from a BMW E46 - it's also plug and play apart from removing a couple of lugs from the top of the unit.

To check what software is currently loaded from the main screen select set and it is displayed at top right of the screen, if it's the latest software it should read at least SW4-1/02. If you have the latest software but perspective hasn't been enabled it is accessed via a "hidden menu"

From the main screen select SET and then hold the menu button down for at least 8 seconds, a service menu should appear, scroll down to Persective and select ON.

What's displaying on the screen when you open the door, is it the BMW logo - I've got a couple of software discs with Rover logos, one like the normal BMW one with Rover instead and one with the Rover and MG intertwined. You're quite welcome to borrow one of them, mind you they wouldn't display correctly on a 4:3 screen as they are of 16:9 format.

As I said before the normal logical step is to upgrade to a BMW E46 widescreen, the next would be to install a BMW BM24 twin tuner radio receiver this gives the option of having TMC on all the time and still allow you to listen to a station other than Classic FM.

Hope that of some help.
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:55   #5
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Not sure if you're aware that the mk4 will do 7 figure postcode search but it isn't accessed through the normal destination input as it's been added as an afterthought.

It is accessed via the poi's as above under information and is located in the subsection Travel again easier than it sounds.
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote