Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th September 2014, 19:19   #1631
Mr_Shed
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
Looking very nice
Old 14th September 2014, 20:40   #1632
Bloomers
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

I waxed my ZTT for the first time in a year and did a bit of paint correction where someone must of used a brick or chisel to do some tar removal.

Paint quality is upgraded to poor, from dreadful
Old 16th September 2014, 18:21   #1633
Alan123
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon

I changed bottom wishbone pinch bolts today cuz the others were realy rusty. all shiney and new now
Alan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 19:21   #1634
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Gave the 'Beast' a wash, vacuum & a bit of a polish today and then put her to 'bed-e-byes' - aaaaaaahhhh sweet......

NB. Don't worry, there are wool blankets under the cover...
Old 16th September 2014, 19:26   #1635
doopydug
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

I am needing a cover for mine, Bill - is that one waterproof do you know?
doopydug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 19:41   #1636
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Today a picked up my Connie Tourer from her MOT, clean sheet and no advisories, so went for a celebratory drive, any excuse to enjoy my 75.
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 19:42   #1637
Mr_Shed
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

Funny enough I was thinking of one of these to save washing every weekend as she doesn't get used much in week. Is it breathable, do you get much issue with rubbing on paintwork?
Old 16th September 2014, 20:18   #1638
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Hi there....

As far as the Cover goes first of all it is not completely waterproof with heavy rain, it does permeate somewhat, although it does filter the rain so you don't get dirt of watermarks. But it is with light showers or dew etc. Of course it does protect from dust, leaves and bird droppings very well!

With regard to marks being left, yes it does - but I only find it on the front wing tops mostly, but these are easily removed using a good cleaner-wax. (I use Meguiars Cleaner-Wax). But I will say these only appear after extended use, (4-5 days) and when it's windy.

But it does the job and well worth the money in my opinion.

I've left it once for about 10 days and all it needed was a quick wipe-down and a bit of polishing where needed. But in 20 minutes you're good to go and it looks just like it's come from a valet! And this was in winter! In actual fact the picture below was taken just after that sort of thing...... See for yourself!

This is the Cover I bought - It was a bit cheaper when I bout it about 3 years ago now, I think it was about 37 quid then.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3906222563...84.m1436.l2649

Look, it's not perfect, but then it's cheaper than building a garage or getting the really top quality ones that cost in the region on 250 to 300 pounds!!!

All I can say is I'm glads I have it.....

ps. As far as breathable - I've never found moisture under the cover, even when left after rain and the outside is dry.
Old 16th September 2014, 20:35   #1639
Mr_Shed
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
Hi there....

As far as the Cover goes first of all it is not completely waterproof with heavy rain, it does permeate somewhat, although it does filter the rain so you don't get dirt of watermarks. But it is with light showers or dew etc. Of course it does protect from dust, leaves and bird droppings very well!

With regard to marks being left, yes it does - but I only find it on the front wing tops mostly, but these are easily removed using a good cleaner-wax. (I use Meguiars Cleaner-Wax). But I will say these only appear after extended use, (4-5 days) and when it's windy.

But it does the job and well worth the money in my opinion.

I've left it once for about 10 days and all it needed was a quick wipe-down and a bit of polishing where needed. But in 20 minutes you're good to go and it looks just like it's come from a valet! And this was in winter! In actual fact the picture below was taken just after that sort of thing...... See for yourself!

This is the Cover I bought - It was a bit cheaper when I bout it about 3 years ago now, I think it was about 37 quid then.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3906222563...84.m1436.l2649

Look, it's not perfect, but then it's cheaper than building a garage or getting the really top quality ones that cost in the region on 250 to 300 pounds!!!

All I can say is I'm glads I have it.....

ps. As far as breathable - I've never found moisture under the cover, even when left after rain and the outside is dry.

Hi Mangoman,

Thank you for the information I shall definatly look into that as my poor car gets dirty over the week sitting idle so would make sense to keep worst off at least. . Certainly works for your well presented car.

Tbh we would all love a heated garage but we don't all have that luxury, can't even find a decent garage round my way as everybody filling them with stuff they will never use for next ten plus years.

Oe further question does it fold up into a reasonable size, ie so could put in boot?

Tony.
Old 16th September 2014, 23:39   #1640
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Shed View Post
Hi Mangoman,

Thank you for the information I shall definatly look into that as my poor car gets dirty over the week sitting idle so would make sense to keep worst off at least. . Certainly works for your well presented car.

Tbh we would all love a heated garage but we don't all have that luxury, can't even find a decent garage round my way as everybody filling them with stuff they will never use for next ten plus years.

Oe further question does it fold up into a reasonable size, ie so could put in boot?

Tony.
Yes, it comes in a bag about one foot by one foot and about 5 inches thick...