Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Windrush's Welcome Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd April 2021, 16:14   #1
The 75 & ZT Club Team
The generic team username

Default Welcome to the club RDS

Welcome to the 75 and ZT owners club, to help you maintain your car we have grouped together a number of helpful "how to's" that can be found here. Please take some time to read the forum rules here.

If you would like to become a subscriber to the club and help support us then please read all about it here.

Perhaps you can find time to tell us how you found us here .

Welcome!

The 75 & ZT Club Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2021, 09:38   #2
RDS

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Thanks!

Delighted to be aboard.
I inherited my dear old Dad's 2002 Rover Tourer last year, and I'm now getting around to tidying it up and using it. It's low mileage at 38,800 and it seems it has a lot of goodies - it's always been a splendidly comfortable drive - why wouldn't I keep it, I thought?
I'm already buying trinkets and do-dads, and it's booked in to get a spray of the bonnet and roof, so I'll bore you with a few posts. Nice to be here.
Let's see if I can figure out an image link....

Last edited by RDS; 28th April 2021 at 15:10..
RDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2021, 15:10   #3
RDS

Rover 75 Tourer

I love my 75 Tourer. I'm also stuck with a '71 Triumph Spitfire, a '90 Jag XJS Convertible from Japan, '06 Mini Convertible which is my wife's and a '90 Toyota Hilux Pickup with 38" wheels and a 10 1/2" lift.
Old 28th April 2021, 15:37   #4
RDS

Rover 75 Tourer

So, my inherited '75 needed a few things - firstly cosmetic. It's had the headlining re-fitted by South West Auto Trimming. They did it a few years ago but it was coming loose again. The free attention they gave it cheered me up.

The number plates were de-laminating and being reported on the MOT. This is perhaps a poor excuse to not only buy new plates (including the correct sized one for the tourer rear,) but to buy a "vanity" number as well - PR02 VER - but that's what I did.

The interior was looking a bit horrible. I gave it all a thorough scrub, but that sandstone leather drivers seat was ingrained with 17 years of Dad's ownership, so after two goes with Autoglym Leather Cleaner I got fed up and used a non-chemical oven cleaner. (Oh yes I did!). Very tidy it looks, too.

I then got stung big money on a new windscreen, since there was a crack from the bottom corner almost as far up as the drivers eyeline. Lucky me! If it ever happens again the car will be insured and the windscreen will be covered..... you betcha.

Perhaps the really spendthrift bug cut in when I swapped the Union flag under the 75 badge on the tailgate (which I think my dear father had worn flat with a non-DA orbital polisher,) and the badge on the centre chrome fitting (ditto.) Everyone and every post on the site will tell you this second badge is unobtainable or a stupid price. That's true! I paid a stupid price. A fool and his money eh? It pleased me greatly, though, and the quality of the replacement is far higher than the one (originally?) fitted. I did the rear wiper arm and blade, too, since they were corroded and 'orrible.

It goes for new paint on the bonnet and roof next week, since at some time those two panels had been resprayed with a poor quality lacquer which is now lifting. Shortly thereafter I'll be sending off the ECU to our mutual friend Big Russ, who will be improving the general performance for me, I fondly hope. I see no reason why not, since he has so many satisfied customers. Has anyone checked the Superchip price for a similar (I assume) service, btw? I did - and it's £247. Ha!

Once it's mapped and sprayed I shall DA the rest and do the wheels - and I'll have a very smart low mileage '75 Tourer. I'm going to keep it as a lasting link to my dear old Dad I think. It's a splendid thing! But then you all know that already.

I love my 75 Tourer. I'm also stuck with a '71 Triumph Spitfire, a '90 Jag XJS Convertible from Japan, '06 Mini Convertible which is my wife's and a '90 Toyota Hilux Pickup with 38" wheels and a 10 1/2" lift.
Old 28th April 2021, 15:51   #5
RDS

Rover 75 Tourer

Here's that interior. Yes, it now looks like every other '75 interior!

And I forgot - I bought a new kick plate for the drivers side, since it had been - uh - kicked. It's funny how these few trinkets have lifted the car...

Old 1st May 2021, 15:15   #6
RDS

Rover 75 Tourer

Smile

Just swapped the key cases on my prime key and the spare. Very satisfying little job. 😉👍

Old 1st May 2021, 15:52   #7
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

I hope you swapped the transponders too 😎
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2021, 09:44   #8
RDS

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Transponders

Good question and oh yes indeed, I swapped those in as well.

And now it's Plenum time.. Yippee!