Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st April 2021, 08:16   #11
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Surprise surprise, yet another hidden result of the green washing brigade. Bit like BEV’s are made from sugar coated fairies and involve no use of fossil fuels or slave labour.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-56819257
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2021, 09:33   #12
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post
Surprise surprise, yet another hidden result of the green washing brigade. Bit like BEV’s are made from sugar coated fairies and involve no use of fossil fuels or slave labour.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-56819257
Don't forget they will have to get rid of the Amazon rain forest to ensure growing adequate supplies of green stuff to do bio diesel an d provide "clean" fuel for the power stations to provide "clean" electricity.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2021, 23:23   #13
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
On top of all the valid and interesting points above, may I add the enormous damage that the production of biofuels does to the environment. Orangutans losing their habitats as just one example!

Biofuel production also negatively impacts poor indigenous peoples who farm and live on land that now gets used for biofuel crops rather than foodstuffs.

If crops are grown for us in developed countries so we can feel self righteous about “doing our bit for the planet” - think about those who incur far higher food prices than they can afford because the biomass they used to eat or their farm animals used to eat now gets used in our fuel tanks so that we can drive to work, go shopping and our government can take about 70% of the fuel cost as tax!

I’m not a fan of biofuels - it’s a sop to the silly by the terminally stupid.
i guess its a bit of a interesting situation when you think mining all the lithium and minerals to make batteries to make clean electric cars entails ripping up large parts of the environment also affecting all sorts of habitats.

Here in Australia i see our govt has just committed half a billion $ on hydrogen
powering everything, a good move in a country this large.
Refill a car in two minutes, 600km range on a tank and very little emissions,
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote