Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd May 2010, 23:25   #11
1066tk

MG ZT-T 180 Auto

Probably too extreme.. but could I suggest U guys also checkout Barges and Boats on & off the Thames as far down as Greenwich, O2 Stadium, Regents Canal, the Paddington Basin, River Lea or around Olyimpic Stadium where they've spent millions rebuilding canals
I used to rent a cabin for £200 a week all in with unlimited Tea/Coffee +No bills +Free Sky & Broadband. However it maybe a bit downmarket for a future financier.
Check out British Waterways website, I assume you can also rent your own boat/barge?

Also consider the following, but not popular with a new intererns or fast-track grads.
I used commute up from Brighton only 50+ minutes. And the rent is only £800 pcm for a 3 Bedder +lively night life.
Even cheaper and quicker is Ashford in Kent; only 30 minutes to ST Pancras & £700pcm for a 3 bedder +Quiet nightlife.
Downside is the hefty rail fares +Commuting = arriving late 20% of the time.
TK
1066tk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 08:53   #12
justmicky
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Club SE

Thanks for that one.
The prices for accommodation outside of London there are tempting but adding on like you say the hefty commuting costs makes me wonder is it worth it - plus the scary bit about 20% of the time being late
Not sure if the boat/barge would go down too well - I did look at one that was on one of the agents website.

I am looking at 4 flats tomorrow in the Rotherhithe area, all within a 4 minute tube ride to London Bridge, and then a short walk to where he is going to work at Red Lion Court. Average costs are around £300 - £350 a week between the two of them. Its not cheap, but my lad is getting a decent salary for next year so its not like we will be struggling - he just wont be able to go out at night

I was looking at train fares to London for tomorrow - its astronomical if you want to arrive in London at peak time! Arrival after 10 am sees the prices drop........consequently I have decided to drive to St Albans early in the morning and then get the train in from there......unless someone has a better way

Last edited by justmicky; 23rd May 2010 at 08:55..
justmicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 11:07   #13
M25 WAR
Avid contributor

MG ZT+ 1.8T Saloon

If he's a student, why not try Unite student accommodation, there's a brand new complex next to Tottenham Hale station, 15 minutes by train to Liverpool Street station, or travel the tube (it's on the Victoria line).

I'm currently working on another Unite site on Holloway Road (close to the Emirates stadium), but this won't be ready until next September.
Old 23rd May 2010, 11:54   #14
justmicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by M25 WAR View Post
If he's a student, why not try Unite student accommodation, there's a brand new complex next to Tottenham Hale station, 15 minutes by train to Liverpool Street station, or travel the tube (it's on the Victoria line).

I'm currently working on another Unite site on Holloway Road (close to the Emirates stadium), but this won't be ready until next September.

Will keep this in mind if we dont strike lucky tomorrow - cheers
Old 23rd May 2010, 12:08   #15
chris75
same car since 2005

2001 Rover 75 2.0 v6 Connoisseur Saloon

Will be worth checking with the HR staff at Lloyds to see if they have any lists for training staff . THis is often the case
Old 23rd May 2010, 12:44   #16
justmicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris75 View Post
Will be worth checking with the HR staff at Lloyds to see if they have any lists for training staff . THis is often the case

Apparently they don't, they are on their own when it comes to accommodation
Old 23rd May 2010, 22:08   #17
justmicky

Setting off in just over an hour for a leisurely overnight drive down to St Albans . My lad is going nuts because he thinks it is far too early.....always like to be there in good time myself! Should be at Paddington for 7am! Nice bit of sightseeing before everywhere opens up . Got the suntan lotion packed....going to be a hot day apparently tomorrow in London
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:41   #18
Jake
Banned

2004 75 Contemporary SE Tourer, 2005 (55) Pearl Black Conn. SE Tourer.

I have just got a job full time in London (Having decided to leave University) so looking for housing too (but this time more permenantly!)

Any help severely appreciated!

Jake
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 06:57   #19
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeW89 View Post
I have just got a job full time in London (Having decided to leave University) so looking for housing too (but this time more permenantly!)

Any help severely appreciated!

Jake
Best to start a new thread with location, budget details etc.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 21:11   #20
justmicky

I have just this very moment got back from a days flat hunting around the London Bridge and Rotherhithe area. Extremely exhausting day and after all the faffing about we eventually came away with one. It was touch and go but we managed to get a 2 bedroom flat in Rotherhithe.....we ended up paying a lot more than we had bargained for - £380 a week, but it is a lovely place and it does have its own gym, pool+sauna.....my son is in his element............me looking for donations