Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 31st May 2010, 12:40   #1
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Default West Midlands Nano-Meet August 2010

The next West Midlands Nano-Meet will now take place on Sunday 22nd August 2010 starting at 10:00 (ish)

There is now another change of venue, and the format of the meet is extending

The event will now take place at:- Four Ashes Inn, Wolverhampton, WV10 7DG Please note that, although it has a Wolverhampton post code, this is a country pub

Click here to see map Look for "Four Ashes public house", slightly to the West of the marked location.

Thanks to Lyndon (Wolves 75) and Mick (Wide load) we have the use of some excellent facilities

There is a camping area at the Inn which will take Tents, caravans etc. and is fairly secluded and gated. We will have the use of the shower block as well.

The nano-meet will still take place starting at 10:00 ish on the Sunday BUT, here's the difference:-

We know some members are keen to stay overnight so what we've planned is to have a meal at the inn at 7:00 pm on the Saturday night as a bit of a social get-together. That should suit those who are camping, those of us who are local (although a few of the local members are camping anyway just for the craic ). There is also a Premier Inn motel for those that prefer, right by the M54 motorway called the Moseley Park and that is a mere 5 minutes away from the venue.

Everybody is invited for either the Saturday evening meal / drinkies, the nano-meet or both

Of course, those who would have liked to attend a nano-meet but thought it was too far to travel can now join in the fun.

There is a 24 bay hard-standing plus a huge grassed area for cars to be worked on so no limit on numbers. The usual facilities and expertise will, of course, be available.

Of course the tea and coffee will be there as usual thanks to David. Plus there's a pub so what more could you need

The landord has agreed to have the outside kitchen open during the Sunday for breakfast sandwiches, burgers etc. They will, of course, charge but from what I understand they will be very reasonable prices. This is a big bonus for us as the logistics, work and initial investment in food would have been quite a headache, looking at the potential number of cars Thanks to Lyndon and Mick for getting that arranged

If we get a goodly number for the meal on the Saturday night, plus a burger or two on the Sunday I'm sure he'll be happy and will welcome us again

There is no charge for the meet, parking, the camping facilities etc.

Can those of you already attending the nano-meet let us know your intentions as far as staying overnight or joining us at the Inn on Saturday evening.

Anybody else who would now like to come along, please add a post at the end of this thread, letting us know your requirements, how many attending, camping, caravan or motel etc.

Families are most welcome

This promises to be a great event. We're looking forward to seeing faces old and new

Now, for those of you who haven't a clue what a nano-meet is:-

A meeting for the sole purpose (other than eating) of doing work on our cars. If you've a job or mod you'd like to do but don't have the confidence to attempt by yourself. This is the ideal opportunity as there will be plenty of forum members on hand to help and advise. You're more than welcome to help others with their jobs as well

That's how it all works So if you've nothing you need doing then please just turn up for the craic and to get stuck in with others

It 's a great chance to get stuck in to working on our cars without the usual interruptions we all put up with at home

There will almost certainly be a plethora of diverse experience and facilities. With luck we should have a forum member there who has a T4 and knows how to use it

Retro-fitting powerfold windows seems to have become the signature activity of these meetings and we now have the connectors and terminations to make a pretty much OEM job of it, especially since Ben worked out how to use the door jamb connector blocks

Food and drinks generally available throughout the day. Certainly nobody has yet gone hungry.

The only restrictions on what we do are that the task must be comfortably do-able in six to eight hours and nothing oily please as we MUST leave the venue as tidy as it will be when we turn up on the day

If you were considering doing one of my remote projects then this meeting would be a good time to get it done, having access to yours truly if you need help

As the list of names develops, more specialities will become apparent

If you need more information then by all means contact either myself or Rob (Trebor). A search of the forum using "nano" or "west midlands" should give you an idea of what happens.

Although it says "West Midlands", these meetings are open to any forum member. You decide how far you're willing to travel

Please let us know what you're contemplating doing to you car so we can keep an eye on facilities, tools needed etc.

If you want powerfolds fitting, I make the looms up before the event so they are ready to fit Please let me know in plenty of time

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way. Owners are responsible for their cars and any work carried out is at their own risk.

OK. Who's going to be there?

Paul (Raistlin) Electric rear window blind needs fettling. Handbrake adjust Meal and nano-meet.

Rob (Trebor) Bonnet closure gap adjustment. T4 session Meal, camping over-night and nano-meet

John (JDC) Possible automatic powerfolds mod and door trim panel replacement. Nano-meet, possibly meal and hotel overnight

Mick (Grey Ghost) Spark plugs (all six ) Meal, camping over-night and nano-meet

Mike (Rover418275) Nano-meet

Ben (Typhoon 190) Meal, camping and nano-meet

Duncan (Lowedb) Nano-meet

Lyndon (Wolves 75) Puddle lights loom Meal, camping over-night and nano-meet

Mick (Wide Load) Meal, camping over-night and nano-meet

David (The_Monk) T4 Ninja Nano-meet

Dennis (RovingDennis) Sort out drain blockage Nano-meet

Steve (Troop) Paintwork renovation advice Meal and nano-meet

Bernard (Bernard LPG) Nano-meet

???? (baggie9) Nano-meet

John (Number 6)

Dale (courier118) Ultimate Remote project. Nano-meet

Les (Gren 24) Nano-meet

Karl (karl) Meal, camping over-night and nano-meet

Mark (markb63) Meal, motel over-night and nano-meet

Steve (Devilish) Meal and nano-meet

Jake (Jakewilson) Meal, camping over-night and nano-meet

Chris (chrislloydie) T4 session Meal, inc SWMBO and kids, camping over-night and nano-meet

Jim (1gp) T4 session Nano-meet

John Aston Sunblind needs looking at Nano-meet

John (Johnayre) Nano-meet

Alan (Hodgy) Bumper re-alignment Nano-meet

Col (Two Diesels) Meal, camping over-night and nano-meet

Barry (beejay) Meal, motel and nano-meet Parking Sensors, Headlight Bulbs change, LED Sidelights

Mark (Bod) Drivers side front wing and brake pads change Nano-meet

Dave (onefortheroad) Fitting of front electric seats and electric sunblind Nano-meet

Andy (KO52ARY) Nano-meet

Martin (Martin75) Floor operated dip switch Nano-meet, meal and hotel overnight

Ray + 1 (RayB) Nano-meet, meal and hotel overnight

Mike + (92 Squadron) Nano-meet, meal and caravan overnight

Last edited by Raistlin; 20th August 2010 at 09:54..
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 12:48   #2
Rover418275
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer

Is the 29th the August Bank Holiday weekend? might be an idea to scrap that date if that is the case, people might have other plans.
Rover418275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 13:10   #3
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

22nd would be best for me as I'm out of the Country till then that month. Sorry.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 13:32   #4
Troop
Avid contributor

ROVER 75 Club SE

22nd would be good for me too.....would certainly like to make this one.....if we can have confirmation sooner rather than later i can make sure my employers don't decide i'm working....

Membership No: 10572

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Troop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 13:58   #5
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

22nd ok for me too Paul and thanks for starting this off

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 14:16   #6
Raistlin
Banned

Well, I'm quite happy with the 22nd as well

Any negatives?
Old 31st May 2010, 14:17   #7
JohnDotCom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
Well, I'm quite happy with the 22nd as well

Any negatives?
................I'll be there.
Old 31st May 2010, 14:29   #8
Raistlin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
................I'll be there.

Hmm... That's not really a negative John

Got any jobs planned?
Old 31st May 2010, 14:33   #9
JohnDotCom

Does depend if I get any jobs done beforehand.

Not had time yet for automatic mirrors close on ignition turnoff.
Change damaged door card.
Fit Clock system for Sat Nav. (still not done mine yet)

Also need to make up a lead front to back to change to a MP3 CD changer I now have OEM in place of faulty Sony unit.
Old 31st May 2010, 14:37   #10
Raistlin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
Does depend if I get any jobs done beforehand.

Not had time yet for automatic mirrors close on ignition turnoff.
Change damaged door card.
Fit Clock system for Sat Nav. (still not done mine yet)

Also need to make up a lead front to back to change to a MP3 CD changer I now have OEM in place of faulty Sony unit.
First two on the list can be done at the same time then