Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Humour Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th March 2021, 14:35   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Cheap booze

Four old retired guys are walking down a street in Cooktown, Australia. They turn a corner and see a sign that says Old Timers’ Bar - all drinks 10 cents!
They look at each other, and then go in, thinking this is too good to be true:

The old bartender says in a voice that carries across the room. "Come on in and let me pour one for you! What'll it be, Gentlemen?"

There seemed to be a fully-stocked bar, so each of the men asks for a martini. In short order the bartender serves up four iced Martinis, shaken, not stirred, and says. "That'll be 10 cents each, please."

The four men stare at the bartender for a moment. Then look at each other. they can't believe their good luck. They pay the 40 cents, finish their Martinis, and order another round.

Again, four excellent Martinis are produced and the bartender again saying. "That's 40 cents please."

They pay the 40 cents, but their curiosity is more than they can stand. They have each had two Martinis and so far they've spent less than a dollar.

Finally one of the men says. "How can you afford to serve Martinis for 10 cents each?"

"I'm a retired tailor from Sydney." The bartender said. "And I always wanted to own a bar. Last year I hit the Lottery for $25 million and decided to open this place. Every drink costs ten cents - wine, liquor, beer, it's all the same."

"Wow! That's quite a story." Says one of the men.

The four of them sipped at their Martinis and couldn't help but notice seven other people at the end of the bar who didn't have drinks in front of them and hadn't ordered anything the whole time they were there.

One man gestures at the seven at the end of the bar without drinks and asks the bartender. "What's with them?"

The bartender says. "Oh, they're all grey nomads from the caravan park, waiting for happy-hour when drinks are half price." 😂

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote