Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th March 2010, 15:46   #1
martin green
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 TOURER CDT 2002 & 2000 PRIMROSE YELLOW 75 SE

Default Any One Fancy A Delivery Miles Mg-zt For Easter??

GO TO ST1NG .COME AND ENTER OUR SPRING COMPETITION go on you know it makes sense......

www.st1ng.com

One beautiful MG-ZT sports car un-driven,un-used and still smelling of that factory smell inside...boasting CD player upgraded alloy wheels and all the unusual toys of the ZT.

Most of all under 000025 miles on the clock ..totally unused for the price of a ticket....may be the last chance to own a unused MGR product. As soon as the last ticket is sold...winner will be annouced. Mr Mike brown won last week a Aston Martin track day and so he is one very happy man....

MG

Last edited by martin green; 6th March 2010 at 17:13..
martin green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 15:51   #2
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

any idea when you expect to have sold the 1600 tickets?
Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 15:55   #3
martin green
Posted a thing or two

Due to commercial reasons exact number cannot be mentioned, however a fair few went over the week days...The car is planned to go on show at various road shows through out April 2010. So theres a indication mate.

MG

The aim here is to ensure we can get the best prizes to the MGR fans and to also preserve what we have left to promote to the cars fan base.
Old 6th March 2010, 16:23   #4
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin green View Post
Due to commercial reasons exact number cannot be mentioned, however a fair few went over the week days...The car is planned to go on show at various road shows through out April 2010. So theres a indication mate.

MG

The aim here is to ensure we can get the best prizes to the MGR fans and to also preserve what we have left to promote to the cars fan base.

Well done its a great idea to launch st1ng.com and give MG Rover fans a chance to win the last 'new cars' that they otherwise might not have been able to afford!
Rabett_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 16:35   #5
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin green View Post

MG

In my mind this is stopping some from buying tickets. What if the tickets have not all sold by, say, November? what happens then?

If the ticket sales do not reach the expected 1600 at all, will the draw take place or will ticket money be refunded

To me it has to have a deadline, either 1600 or a timescale

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 16:39   #6
martin green
Posted a thing or two

Thanks Rabbett.....

St1ng.com is about preserving what we have and making sure we can get what we need from the inner car circles.The whole concept is create a database to find and search for all things "British" within the motoring circles.

If ST1NG....

Can get some "brilliant" prizes to the fan base all the more the merrier!. The database which is in its infancy will get much much stronger over the next 4/5 weeks as we transfer more data into the system.

Thank you for your comments and i hope that WWW.ST1NG.COM
can help you find what your looking for along the way.
Old 6th March 2010, 17:00   #7
The Yellow Peril
Posted a thing or two

Primrose Yellow 75 V6 Conn SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
In my mind this is stopping some from buying tickets. What if the tickets have not all sold by, say, November? what happens then?

If the ticket sales do not reach the expected 1600 at all, will the draw take place or will ticket money be refunded

To me it has to have a deadline, either 1600 or a timescale
Hi Dave

First of all - there is no refund.............

Do you buy lottery ticket and ask for you money back if you don't win? No

Only 1600 tickets is not a lot considering the exposure this competition is getting through the owners clubs, MG-Rover,Org, MG Owners Club, etc etc. Tickets are selling like hot cakes, and in April we will be attending 4 major national car shows, the first of which - at Weston park in Staffordshire regularly attracts over 15,000 visitors, Pride of Longbridge and others scheduled for April will mean that many thousands of die-hard British Motoring enthusiasts will find out about this unique competition and have the opportunity to take part.

Someone suggested that we are making £16,000 profit, but don't forget, we've had to buy the car in the first place and secondly, the running costs of the site, ticket printing costs and legal advice to make sure this competition is run within the guidelines laid down by the Gaming commission all take a slice out of any profit there is in it for us.

That aside, we are all passionate about Rover and MG, and this provides an opportunity for someone to own an unused - Delivery Mileage - MG ZT for a tenner - I'd buy a shed load, except as the promoter of the competition I'm not allowed to, so come on guys, 1 in 1600 is far better odds than the 1 in 14,000,000 odds of winning the lottery.

I fully expect that all the tickets will be sold be the end of April, so don't miss out on this unique opportunity, it could be you............

Cheers Chums

Andrew
Lovingly cared for, since 2000
The Yellow Peril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 17:09   #8
Rover418275
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi Andrew,

I subscribed to Sting and £6 was sent via PayPal, did this £6 include a ticket for the prize car? If it did not how do I get a ticket?

Cheers

Mike
Rover418275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 17:11   #9
martin green
Posted a thing or two

Hi Mike

The link here will show you how to place your ticket order on the front page of the st1ng.com web site

www.st1ng.com
regards Martin
Old 6th March 2010, 17:22   #10
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Peril View Post
Hi Dave

First of all - there is no refund.............

Do you buy lottery ticket and ask for you money back if you don't win? No

Andrew
Well I would expect a refund if the lottery draw never took place

All i am doing is suggesting what may make people reluctant to purchase

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote