Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st May 2010, 22:48   #1
south bank
Avid contributor

2004 Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE Saloon (Pre-Facelift)

Default R/H Cup Holder Plea

I've been after a Driver's Cup holder for longer than I've owned the car actually as I knew it was an upgrade I wanted. I've spotted one on eBay and I'm determined to get it.

I just wanted to let you all know as I hope most of you have one and that in the spirit of kindness I've noticed with things like the 75 watch on here, those of you who haven't will hang back from bidding so as not to increase my poverty too much!

Just hope everyone else doesn't drive it too high now, I know what demand is like for these! I was actually thinking of trying to bodge one from a L/H holder to see if I could invert it. I might still try that.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
south bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 23:15   #2
Villa Villan
I really should get out more.......

ZT-T 160 1.8T

I have had a drivers cup holder for almost 17 years now however when SWMBO wants a squint at the map I have to sup up and then I take a nap/ well I shut off ...Good luck fella.

Cheers
Tony
Old 31st May 2010, 23:56   #3
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Search e-bay on the continent, plenty on there. Try especially Germany. They seem to have a lot of Rover bits on there.

Might be worth running a translator in a window to copy and paste into

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 00:08   #4
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
Search e-bay on the continent, plenty on there. Try especially Germany. They seem to have a lot of Rover bits on there.

Might be worth running a translator in a window to copy and paste into
It's a sound suggestion Andrew, but since getting the ZT, I've been on the hunt for one too, and I did look on ebay France / Spain / Germany, and even Sweden.

However, THE only one that appeared was on German ebay for around 90 Euros. , so not quite as plentyful as you might think.

I finally managed to buy a new one in the UK, but it cost me around £60 inc postage.

The other avenue you could try if you don't win the auction is to contact some of our european members, and get them to keep there eyes open in breakers yards, I certainly asked Roverowner and Juergen to keep em' peeled for me.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 00:46   #5
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
It's a sound suggestion Andrew, but since getting the ZT, I've been on the hunt for one too, and I did look on ebay France / Spain / Germany, and even Sweden.

However, THE only one that appeared was on German ebay for around 90 Euros. , so not quite as plentyful as you might think.

I finally managed to buy a new one in the UK, but it cost me around £60 inc postage.

The other avenue you could try if you don't win the auction is to contact some of our european members, and get them to keep there eyes open in breakers yards, I certainly asked Roverowner and Juergen to keep em' peeled for me.
Might have been more around when I searched last... long time ago. Got mine from SMC (I think... I was acquiring a lot of things at that time )..

You could also search the Antipodean sites as well.

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 06:41   #6
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post

I found one at a scrappy but when I went to look/buy it, it was cracked in several places (stuff been stacked on top) *Trouble here is there aren´t that many cars and when the scrappys get them they want astronomical prices (Nice aubergine interior for ex. 500 quid) Course nobody really buying anything at those prices. Another problem is that they want to shift the whole dash in one go to get rid. Very expensive for just the cupholder
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 07:14   #7
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

i have had two of these and sold them when members have been looking for them,you can't drive with a cup in it because your leg is in the way.

rare item..but if you search for a passenger cup holder on a left hand drive car on german ebay you will find one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rover 75 134.jpg (63.3 KB, 156 views)
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 07:33   #8
jcwatrichmond
Loves to post

Rover 75 1.8T 2003 Club SE

It's not original equipment and it's completely impractical, so why bother especially at those prices? JCW
jcwatrichmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 08:18   #9
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwatrichmond View Post
It's not original equipment and it's completely impractical, so why bother especially at those prices? JCW
It is original equipment, and although they can get in the way of your leg, they are extremely useful if both of you are drinking.

In my view, the car was designed to have one there, and a redundant blacking plate is a complete waste, for occasional use, they do just fine.

Just ridiculous that the price of new ones is so high. I think that if a concerted effort was made by club members here and our counterparts in mainland Europe, we could get a collection of both left hand and right hand cupholders to help everyone get these who want them.

There has always been a demand for these units, even when MGR was still going. How hard can it be for us in the UK, to obtain left hand ones, then offer them in trade to any French, Spanish, German or Swedish owners, and they do the same for us.

I'll start the ball rolling now if you like:

I have a perfect left hand cupholder (which would be a drivers one in mainland Europe) and I'm willing to swap it for a right hand one then offer it to any member who wants one just recouping any costs for postage and original outlay.

Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 09:42   #10
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

They are very useful and mine gets used all the time to hold a tin of diet coke or a Cappuccino in it.
I unfortunately sold all my spare ones for around the £25 mark,
but now they seem to go for nuts money.

Were original; OEM equipment fitted to our cars,
but some got broken and needed replacement under warranty so became an extra.
If your careful, no problemo.

You only need the mechanism as the front cover/trim can be taken off and fitted to new unit.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote