Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th February 2018, 01:24   #11
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn View Post
I don’t visit the boards quite as much as I used to, but I must say, I’ve always found your contributions to be both well mannered and useful. Certainly not controversial or provocative.

Sorry to hear this, but I wish you all the best.

Cheers,
Karl.
I couldn't have put it better.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 02:25   #12
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

I’m also sad to hear this.
Hearing this reminds me of when I joined the Police service many years ago.
First day of training there was a room with about 12 different sayings of wisdom
around the room, only ever remembered two, “ change,the one constant in life, get used to it” and “develop a thick hide, your going to need it”
Seems appropriate at times like these.
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 04:12   #13
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

A real shame that you have decided to leave the boards, as has been said always found your posts informative and honest.
After all its the members that make the club what it is and without people like yourself the club will be a poorer place.
Hopefully you will have a change of heart.
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 05:22   #14
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

Sorry you're leaving Trevor, it's a shame when someone is rebuked for 'telling it like it is'. This is happening a little too often. Best Wishes.
Heddy.

Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 05:47   #15
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi Trevor, I know we have never actually met but always found your contributions very interesting and in particular your knowledge of various engines. Wishing you all the best for the future.
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 06:06   #16
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

It's a sad day Trevor - I have really enjoyed your posts. I hope you will take a short break and reconsider.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 06:39   #17
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Trev, you have been here before ,a couple of times, if I recall correctly. I feel fairly confident that you will be back. This forum is addictive,and after a break , you may feel like contributing again, all,the best.
Old 6th February 2018, 07:46   #18
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
After some thought this will be my last contribution to the club.
I have already have had some issues but in view of recent threads and a rebuke from the moderators this will be my last post/thread.
I sincerely hope the issues I have been replying to get sorted out on various threads.
May I give my best wishes to everyone that I have met, online and on meets.
May I also thank all for their kindness when I broke up a 75 that belonged to a young member which was a bit of an unfortunate purchase for him.
Also to those that have had dealings with me.
Special thanks to MarinaBrian.
Good morning Trevor

You are not on your own. I know of 2 other big name members who left the club as a result of club politics or from making a protest. One of the 2 has left 5 times. That one said that if he could not discuss politics, then he was leaving. It read like he was having an insightless tantrum. Both came back.

Politics is not for everyone and these days I avoid those threads. Even now 3 members are slagging each other off on the boards, chest beating and being childish. I endorse Richards views. Car talk is a much safer subject
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 07:59   #19
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Trev, it's always a problem when one feels that they have received the wrong reply, even worse when one realizes they have made comments which may not be suitable then get the flak for it.

The Club is made up of many people from many different walks of life, not all educated in the same way, not all employed in the same career, not all in the same state health, certainly not all in the same position in life, the one constant we all have is the love for the cars that we have, and oh, some of those would not be the same manufacturer. The Club contains en-masse so much knowledge that there is always help, sometimes not necessarily having the finance to do it, but the generosity of members who appreciate that.

We each can gain from membership of this Club, whether that is in relation to the cars or the way we conduct ourselves in our private lives.

Sadly with the advent of the modern communications media in it's different guises, some people are lulled into exposing their personal lives without too much thought as to the open invitation to perhaps unwanted intrusion that follows.

Enjoy your membership and give the members here the chance to benefit from that with your participation in topics, good luck.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 08:50   #20
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

I'm sorry to read you have decided to leave Trevor your a wealth of knowledge and I have always found you helpful in your replies to posts and your willingness to help.
I understand your frustrations watching what has been going on in the club it doesn't make for good viewing at times.

It does however show that you are passionate about the boards so take a wee break keep an eye on the misses, help her during her recovery and then why don't you sleep on it for a few days/weeks and see how you feel,
I do notice there appears to be a lot less of the regulars posting in recent months & I to myself have been guilty of not logging in for days on end.

Take care and all the best for whatever you decide.