Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th November 2019, 12:43   #21
grout20
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Auto

So sad to read your post Dave.

Fingers crossed for next week, and hopefully both lads will get all the treatment and help they deserve.

Somethings in this life just ain't right....

Kind regards
John

My 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto 75 is the
• 20,516th 75 to be made out of 112,381
• 787th 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,671
• 1,248th Wedgwood Blue Metallic (code: JBH) to be made out of 7,515 code JBH 75's
grout20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2019, 22:07   #22
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Run out of thanks, thanks for the support and all the pm's

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2019, 22:30   #23
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Really sorry to hear about this Dave, best wishes to you all.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2019, 02:28   #24
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Run out of thanks, thanks for the support and all the pm's
Hi Dave, I am sorry to read your family and grandchildren are going through this. On a practical level, it could be helpful to the child who has lost his hearing to have a special tablet for children, to help him communicate. We went through this with our nephew who lives with us. His mum died young last year from a brain tumour. From an early age, he lost his hearing and speech. With his speech, he can only make high and low octave sounds or screams out if he is unhappy. He had all the scans and assessments, nothing could be done. Last year he had a brain scan after having epileptic fits. He uses a laptop for communication and that helps him tell us what he is thinking or going through. His love, is to sit on a pony for an assisted ride at stables near us and he loves watching cartoons on TV. It is thought the MMR vaccination caused his deafness and brain damage.

Let’s hope the MRI shows if there is a problem causing the sudden deafness and something can be done to make his hearing right.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2019, 06:30   #25
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

I was involved with Deaf people and learned BSL and it really is a great way to communicate with Deaf people and it’s often overlooked by the medical profession as they’re looking for a cure which may not be there. Obviously I still hope the young lad gets his hearing back but I know Deaf young adults who lost their hearing when young and they cope well communicating in sign language
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2019, 06:58   #26
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
I was involved with Deaf people and learned BSL and it really is a great way to communicate with Deaf people and it’s often overlooked by the medical profession as they’re looking for a cure which may not be there. Obviously I still hope the young lad gets his hearing back but I know Deaf young adults who lost their hearing when young and they cope well communicating in sign language
Hi Les, I was sorry to read how your partner is having a hard time. How life can be cruel and at times difficult to understand. I sincerely hope she get through okay.

When our nephew discovered his hormones, he constantly masturbated and indulged in practices involving sexual pain. When I offered professional advice on how to manage this, his parents told me to keep out of it, not to interfere, as they had enough of professionals offering new treatments and raising false hopes, quite understandable.
Old 30th November 2019, 09:07   #27
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Hi Dave,

It’s not often I read posts on the forum to my wife, but this one really moved me to discuss it with Juliette. Having a 12 year old of our own we both can’t imagine how it must feel for your Grandson and his parents, especially with what the younger one has gone through too. Life does deal out some cruel cards at times.

All I know is that you and Marina will both be supportive and strong for your family, it’s the way you are wired and that will help them cope with whatever else life wants to through at them.

Take care and think positively if you can.

Paul.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2019, 10:47   #28
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Sorry to read this Dave, hope your all ok. I’ve been questioning the ‘fairness’ of life for a number of years now.
That makes two of us Mark, with what has happened in our family, and to other innocent, good people, it makes you question, why are we here?I no longer go to church, but having been brought up as a catholic, where it was preached to us that God loves us all, and is watching over us, yeah? Well if that’s the case how come the world is it war with itself, people lose their lives on a daily basis through mugging and stabbing, acts of terror etc Dave’s grandkids have done nothing to deserve this, my aunt who passed away recently, was a staunch catholic, like my mother, went to church every day, did a lot of work for the church and it’s community, visited sick parishioners in hospital,and their homes,and then gets stuck down with ovarian cancer, and taken from us in less than 4 months. Where was God when all this was going on? Why has he let this happen to Dave’s grandsons
Old 2nd December 2019, 20:44   #29
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
When our nephew discovered his hormones, he constantly masturbated.
Sorry Phil, I have tried my utmost to resist posting in response to this but temptation has gotten the better of me.

My GP once implored a patient to desist from doing this, allegedly. The inevitable response from the patient was ... why?

Because, said my GP. You are upsetting all of my other patients in my waiting room.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2019, 04:55   #30
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Sorry Phil, I have tried my utmost to resist posting in response to this but temptation has gotten the better of me.

My GP once implored a patient to desist from doing this, allegedly. The inevitable response from the patient was ... why?

Because, said my GP. You are upsetting all of my other patients in my waiting room.
No comment