Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd February 2013, 14:37   #21
Captain Pedro
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICGROOVE View Post
Hi guys, sorry to necropost, i'm just replacing the NSF bulb, but have managed to lose the single retaining clip that held the inspection panel in place. I don't even know what to search for to find a replacement. any ideas where I can get a replacement from? also, the clip to hold the bulb in didn't go back correctly, but i can't get it back off again, it seems secure though. will I be ok leaving it like that or am i looking at future problems? I already have a nice 2 inch gash on my hand from my labours so far. Whoever designed this needs a kick in the ****!

Scrap yard for the retaining screw?

Last edited by Dragrad; 3rd December 2014 at 23:50.. Reason: Contravention of Club Rules - FAQ Rule 2
Captain Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2013, 03:07   #22
everard600

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi Guys, thanks very much to Colvert for the photos. Took me 3 hours to do the passenger side H7. The fuse box refused to come out and the retaining clip fell out so I was lost trying to put it back in - when I couldn't see what to do!

Finally only solution - take the wheel off to get better access and used photos to work out how the clip hooks up.
A few expletives were muttered I can tell you.
everard600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 10:45   #23
scotty381

MG ZT

Default Headlight Bulb

Hi fellow sufferers,

I have been putting this off for a couple of days, firstly because I was off work and didn't need the car and secondly, because I was dreading the task at hand! From reading all the posts i knew it was going to be one of those jobs that should be easy but was going to be difficult due to the lack of access etc. I'm glad to report back and tell you it was a piece of ****!! I had a good look under the wheel arch and decided it would be best to remove the wheel which would give me a little more room, when the wheel is removed it makes it a doddle! Took me ten minutes to complete the job!

Thanks to Colvert for the photos! This makes it easier when you know what your looking for.

Last edited by Dragrad; 3rd December 2014 at 23:49.. Reason: Contravention of Club Rules - FAQ Rule 2
scotty381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2013, 06:32   #24
BeeJay55
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer, Connoisseur SE

You can always take it to Halfords and pay them to do it. Saves a lot of time and skin from your knuckles. When asking them to do the job, watch their face when you tell them what car you have
Old 30th November 2013, 08:44   #25
Cudjoheadagain
Regular poster

MG ZT

Ohhh, got this to do on the ZT passenger side so using the 75 estate atm. NOT looking forward to it !!!!!
Cudjoheadagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 13:14   #26
jaygsi
Regular poster

rover 75

hi all. Just changing headlight bulb on passenger side, removed fuse box, taken out 2 screws out of rear of the plastic panel that fits onto the rear of the light, but it still seems held on at the bottom of the cover

Any ideas? thanks
jaygsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 13:19   #27
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygsi View Post
hi all. Just changing headlight bulb on passenger side, removed fuse box, taken out 2 screws out of rear of the plastic panel that fits onto the rear of the light, but it still seems held on at the bottom of the cover

Any ideas? thanks
Might help if you tell us what type of light you have? Projector/xenon, or reflector And have you removed the wheel arch inspection panel?

Last edited by suzublu; 20th December 2014 at 13:26..
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 14:39   #28
jaygsi
Regular poster

rover 75

I have an 04 plate Projector/xenon highlights, i've removed the inspection panel and as other member said theres induction pipe in the way.

I have now managed to get the rear panel off, i think i may have broke something ooops. But now all i see is a motor no bulb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Might help if you tell us what type of light you have? Projector/xenon, or reflector And have you removed the wheel arch inspection panel?
jaygsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 15:10   #29
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygsi View Post
I have an 04 plate Projector/xenon highlights, i've removed the inspection panel and as other member said theres induction pipe in the way.

I have now managed to get the rear panel off, i think i may have broke something ooops. But now all i see is a motor no bulb?
If you've got xenon lights, you need to take the bumper off & remove the light unit to replace the bulb. What you've done, it would seem, is remove the ballast. Bad move

Last edited by suzublu; 20th December 2014 at 15:13..
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 15:21   #30
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon W View Post
My n/s dipped bulb just blew. I was in the process of fitting a new H7 and the intake tube mentioned above disintegrated into a mass of coiled wire and cardboard-type chippings. Anyone know how to replace the tube (assuming they're available in the first place)?

PS. Whoever designed access to these headlamp bulbs is an idiot.

See here:

http://www.autosiliconehoses.com/sil...r-ducting.html

70mm for the 1.8T, believe the V6s are larger but not sure of the size so check before you buy. Only comes in a meter length and you need around half that, so either spare or pop it up on here for someone else.

Did mine through the inspection panel.

Last edited by Borg Warner; 20th December 2014 at 15:23..
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote