Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd May 2021, 13:24   #11
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Very interesting and I'm sure would well be a worthwhile and interesting trip.

I was particularly interested by the 'drive a car' bit where you can have a drive of an older car remembered perhaps from your childhood or teenage years or even early motoring years.

But I was a bit put off by the price of £49 for this ( unless I misread or misunderstood the pricing structure)

If you had the chance of maybe trying out 3 or so selected vehicles for a short drive for nostalgia's sake or even of cars that you always fancied when younger but never drove, or of course a model that the family crammed into for those budget camping holidays of old for £49 then fair enough, but a touch pricey for me at £49 for just the one.

Surely they'd make a bit more or offset more museum running costs if they offered a slightly more attractive nostalgia drive package?
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2021, 13:43   #12
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Perhaps also worth mentioning that the very scenic Matlock Bath is 4-5 miles up the road.Plenty of cafe's and chippy's for fish & chips Even cable car rides over the valley the A6 runs through if you are so inclined.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2021, 14:00   #13
Kevin Williams
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Tourer [116 bhp] in Wedgwood Blue / MG ZT CDTi [131bhp] in Anthracite

And 4 miles from Crich Tramway Village [Museum] and about the same from the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway in Wirksworth [Peak Rail in Matlock not yet reopened]. The Midland Railway Centre in Ripley nearby too. Also next to the Cromford Canal and good canal walk to Cromford with plenty going on there too!

Tourism push ends!
Kevin Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2021, 08:10   #14
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrick View Post
Very interesting and I'm sure would well be a worthwhile and interesting trip.

I was particularly interested by the 'drive a car' bit where you can have a drive of an older car remembered perhaps from your childhood or teenage years or even early motoring years.

But I was a bit put off by the price of £49 for this ( unless I misread or misunderstood the pricing structure)

If you had the chance of maybe trying out 3 or so selected vehicles for a short drive for nostalgia's sake or even of cars that you always fancied when younger but never drove, or of course a model that the family crammed into for those budget camping holidays of old for £49 then fair enough, but a touch pricey for me at £49 for just the one.

Surely they'd make a bit more or offset more museum running costs if they offered a slightly more attractive nostalgia drive package?
Id pay to have a drive of a Mark 1 Marina... Not driven one since 1984. Here's hoping he as one. Only 1 hr 6 mins from mine so ill be there.

Last edited by Phil th Barrow; 3rd May 2021 at 08:20..
Phil th Barrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2021, 17:06   #15
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil th Barrow View Post
Id pay to have a drive of a Mark 1 Marina... Not driven one since 1984. Here's hoping he as one. Only 1 hr 6 mins from mine so ill be there.
So would I but not at £49 a pop. I would pay £49 for a short go in perhaps a choice of 3 old models though.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2021, 17:49   #16
Mason6
Loves to post

V6 Classic SE

Arrow

Well best of luck to him, I’d love to make it a point of interest on one of my holidays in the area.

Rover 75 Contemporary SE CDTI in Starlight Silver which was the 49th out of 849 produced
Mason6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2021, 19:43   #17
ZedTeeT
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

That looks great, shame it's so far away
85/C Capri 2.8i Special. Mine 29+ years.
82/X Talbot Tagora SX V6. Restoration project.
11/11 Hyundai I Load CRDi. Van....... nuff said.
ZedTeeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2021, 08:52   #18
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I'm sure this featured on BBC Breakfast this morning but I missed the start of it. I'll see if BBC Breakfast appears on catch up later and download it.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2021, 10:21   #19
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I'm sure this featured on BBC Breakfast this morning but I missed the start of it. I'll see if BBC Breakfast appears on catch up later and download it.
Yes it was on! And personally, considering these cars are kept in fine condition and it's such a unique opportunity, I think the price is fair..

The area has much to offer and it's not far from Alton Towers so could be a great contrasting diversion if one is up there for a few days. Oh, we haven't mentioned, the caves, the Peaks, nor Dovedale, ah, I have now. And Chatsworth House and more and more.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2021, 10:42   #20
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Just downloaded BBC Breakfast and watched the report. Certainly interesting but a bit far away for me.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote