Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th August 2010, 21:30   #11
buchanan
Buchanan

Rover 75 connoisseur se ctdi Auto

I had my CDTi remapped by Evolution Chips, now 168 bhp/380 torque delighted with it,lovely to drive and when you want to it flies.
buchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 21:52   #12
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by buchanan View Post
I had my CDTi remapped by Evolution Chips, now 168 bhp/380 torque delighted with it,lovely to drive and when you want to it flies.
Hate to do this... but do you have any proof of 168 BHP?

Seems a little OTT tbh...
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 07:23   #13
car13
Avid contributor

MGZT road MGZR wifes & MGZS race car

Not really understand the old Bmw engines that Rover were given, what is the differnce to the BMW engine, as these from a similar age were 150+ as standard.

I have to admit my 116 is a bit of a slug but my previous motorway plodder was a 3ltr V6 diesel which did fly.

Is the only differnce between a 116 & 135 a remap?
Old 25th August 2010, 10:40   #14
rossocorsa
Posted a thing or two

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by car13 View Post
Not really understand the old Bmw engines that Rover were given, what is the differnce to the BMW engine, as these from a similar age were 150+ as standard.

I have to admit my 116 is a bit of a slug but my previous motorway plodder was a 3ltr V6 diesel which did fly.

Is the only differnce between a 116 & 135 a remap?
AFAIK BMW engine has a different variable vane turbocharger (less reliable than the Rover unit which is almost bomb proof) and yes the 116/135 is just a map although a 135 only has 129 model designations seemed a bit vague at MGR
rossocorsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 13:27   #15
Kevin Williams
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Tourer [116 bhp] in Wedgwood Blue / MG ZT CDTi [131bhp] in Anthracite

Hello All,
Just to add to this debate.

I've just bought a ZT diesel after enjoying my 75 diesel tourer.I can't believe the difference between two very similar cars.Both manual, tourer [91k] has full Rover service history from Luffield,ZT [81k] very little....But the Tourer is 116 bhp and sluggish,while the ZT is 131 bhp and flies,particularly when the turbo cuts in!

My question is:would an X part upgrade to the tourer to 131bhp make it theoretically perform the same as the ZT? I appreciate there may be individual issues with both cars to affect their current performance, but tourer has the same issue others have highlighted about lack of acceleration seriously affecting overtaking decisions.

I don't particularly want to go down either the Ron route or an ECU/chip upgrade yet, as I'm happy with the ZT's performance--but,there again, it may have been chipped [how do I tell?].I'll have to remember this when putting it near a T4 analysis.

The only other similar car I've driven is a Facelift 75 diesel CDTi tourer, but that was an automatic.Seemed about halfway between my two in performance...

Your thoughts appreciated.Apologies if I've diverted this thread--not intended, happy for a mod to move it

Kevin
Kevin Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 14:57   #16
wutang
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 auto (LPG) & mg tf 160

Not a diesel man myself but from what I understand the X power upgrade would make the 116 engine perform exactly as a standard 131 engine as the only difference is the software in the ecu. on the diesel I dont know if there is a difference in the gearing between the ZT and the 75 there is on some of the petrol models.

Richard
wutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 16:53   #17
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

The only difference between 116 and the 131/135 was the mapping of the ECU and label stuck on the B pillar. I must say I wasn't happy with the performance of my 95K 135ps 75 when I first got it. I was used to a 3l V6, but its performance has gradually improved as I've sorted it out and since fitting the Synergy 2 it really flies when called upon to.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 21:17   #18
buchanan
Buchanan

Rover 75 connoisseur se ctdi Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
Hate to do this... but do you have any proof of 168 BHP?

Seems a little OTT tbh...
Well thats what i was told by the garage that did it,and the Car feels as if it is. Once i drove it after they had set it up you could tell the difference,car is really quitely very fast you have to keep an eye on the speedo even on the motorway.
buchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 21:29   #19
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by buchanan View Post
Well thats what i was told by the garage that did it,and the Car feels as if it is. Once i drove it after they had set it up you could tell the difference,car is really quitely very fast you have to keep an eye on the speedo even on the motorway.
Did the rolling road it, or are they just the manufacturers quote BHP figures?

I certainly can believe an improvement to 150 or even 155, but 168 seems just a little farfetched.
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 22:26   #20
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

BHP figures in remaps are always one of those funny things, ive seen cars with lower bhp and torque but with far better graphs destroy cars running 20/30 bhp more with same engine and mods etc.

Its all about power delivery, mind you some of the modern diesel remaps ive seen with them making the injectors run so hard, I wouldnt be surprised if they managed that.

Only thing would scare me is the injectors giving up with that much extra PSI of fuel being forced through them.

Mind you, wish I could remap the V6 with such a result........ (or maybe im about too! )
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote