Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th August 2010, 20:31   #21
buchanan
Buchanan

Rover 75 connoisseur se ctdi Auto

Look Evolution Chips up on the net,you can map the BMW Diesel even higher,but they dont go overboard,i will get in touch with them and ask how they came to those figures,but as its done by computer i guess they can see it on the screen. All i know is the car goes great £300 well spent,and it's great to see the faces on the little boy racers when they see a Rover 75 think they can burn you off the road and see me dissappearing into the distance.I dont abuse the car but the power is there when needed,a guy i work with has a Focus one off the sporty ones,i took him for a drive in the car and he could'nt believe the performance. Another work mate has a BMW with the same engine,i took him for a drive and he said my car was smoother and more powerfull than his.
buchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 20:47   #22
buchanan
Buchanan

Rover 75 connoisseur se ctdi Auto

Default Evolution Chips

There was a thread asking about getting the car chipped,i cannot find it even though i posted a few minutes ago.
Anyway i looked up Evolution Chips website and the improvment for the Diesel Rover75 CDTi was.

35 BHP
65Nm

Hope this makes it clearer for those doubters.
buchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 22:16   #23
Andyd358
Posted a thing or two

JAguar X-Type 2.0d Sport

I may be wrong here but I think its very expesive to do a remap. As I understand all they are doing its flashing the ECU with a new MAP. Now if I got to a Customer in my part time job and end up reinstalling their operating system on a PC I only charge around £50....

Like I say I dont really understand all the ins and outs of a remap so stood here waiting to be corrected

Going to miss driving it

Last edited by Andyd358; 26th August 2010 at 22:24..
Andyd358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 22:43   #24
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyd358 View Post
I may be wrong here but I think its very expesive to do a remap. As I understand all they are doing its flashing the ECU with a new MAP. Now if I got to a Customer in my part time job and end up reinstalling their operating system on a PC I only charge around £50....

Like I say I dont really understand all the ins and outs of a remap so stood here waiting to be corrected
Loading the map is easy... creating the map, and having the hardware to load that into different cars is the expensive bit.
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 23:04   #25
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by buchanan View Post
There was a thread asking about getting the car chipped,i cannot find it even though i posted a few minutes ago.
Anyway i looked up Evolution Chips website and the improvment for the Diesel Rover75 CDTi was.

35 BHP
65Nm

Hope this makes it clearer for those doubters.

Merged with the correct thread !
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote