Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd April 2008, 21:24   #21
jt002e2762
Loves to post

Ex 2.0 ltr CDT Conn

Talking Underbonnet Pump

Hi, Best price I got for the u/b pump was £94 inc del from Roverbreakers.com (tele:01606 738873). 16/3/08. cheers, JRT.
jt002e2762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 14:49   #22
Frobs
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T Cdti+135 Gunmetal Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt002e2762 View Post
Hi, Best price I got for the u/b pump was £94 inc del from Roverbreakers.com (tele:01606 738873). 16/3/08. cheers, JRT.
I think I must have missed the boat, because Roverbreakers were the best price at £146.

Anyway, job done, car starts fine. Now to find the radio key code.
Old 5th April 2008, 09:17   #23
Frobs
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T Cdti+135 Gunmetal Grey

Just a couple of points on this job to help out others for the future :

1. All the cable / pipe clips on the battery box are a bit of a pain. I did pull a bit hard and break a cable clip at the back - I didnt spot it, and they are very weak. I managed to do the job without completely removing the box, you can just pull the box forward out of the way, and get access to the pump that way.

2. You dont have to force the electrical connector off, it has a release clip and comes away very easily, although the little feature in the connector body is a small and faces away from you.

3. The steel clips that clamp the fuel pipes are MUCH more easy to deal with than they look. It looks like the sort of clip you need to cut off and replace with a jubilee clip. But actually, using a pair of needle nose pliers, you can unclip by twisting one of the folded up bits. To re-fit, a sturdy pair of standard pliers does the trick. You just squeeze and it clicks - brilliant. You can practice on the clip that is easy to get at on the top of the fuel filter.

Sorry if this is a bit basic[, but would have saved me some time if I had known about it before. (Not being a particularly experienced DIY spanner). So hope it helps someone else with the underbonnet pump saga