Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th July 2016, 16:16   #21
dendeeze
Regular poster

BMW E46

For my part they may skip Android 5.1.1 and go strait to Android Marshmallow, The hardware of the navall 3 is capable to handle this os, and as i read that Android Marshmallow runs lighter than Lollipop... bring it on ^^
dendeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2016, 16:26   #22
aircub
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT Cdti 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendeeze View Post
For my part they may skip Android 5.1.1 and go strait to Android Marshmallow, The hardware of the navall 3 is capable to handle this os, and as i read that Android Marshmallow runs lighter than Lollipop... bring it on ^^
I am not really an Android person, but I have read that 5.1 is very processor hungry. Android 6 would be nice, but I am sure the Navall 3 will not get 6 until way after the new Navall Star gets it, otherwise its going to cannibalise sales.
aircub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2016, 18:05   #23
dendeeze
Regular poster

BMW E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircub View Post
I am not really an Android person, but I have read that 5.1 is very processor hungry. Android 6 would be nice, but I am sure the Navall 3 will not get 6 until way after the new Navall Star gets it, otherwise its going to cannibalise sales.
Ain't the navall star not cheaper than the navall 3?
Old 27th July 2016, 01:52   #24
tdi90
Gets stuck in

Nissan Navara

I couldnt give a monkeys if it went back to android 1.1 as long as the flaming thing worked correctly all the time.

Its getting far beyond 'quirky'' now, and its about as reliable as a chocolate fire guard.
Old 27th July 2016, 06:44   #25
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircub View Post
I have a feeling that the Star will not be powerful enough for android 6 (marshmallow) I don`t know on that.
I have just given a phone away that`s on Android 4.0.4, I don`t think that has ever had an update in the 4 years I had it.
I don`t remember if we were "promised" an update for the Nav 3
if one were mentioned then all I can think is that the developers are having big problems, you must remember too that this is not Google ie; LG/Nexus where you will be offered updates as routine.
If you are having any issues with the Navall 3 then it`s best to ask Sean or Jeff, if you play about with settings in your unit then try to remember what you altered or jot it down. I was fortunate with both my Navals 2 and 3 that I set it up on my desk and played with it in my home, even then I almost bricked it, well documented on here by putting and app on trying to be able to control screen brightness (on the 3) Etc so be careful and as I suggest, ask the Boss first.
Ken
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 13:04   #26
aircub
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT Cdti 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdi90 View Post
I couldnt give a monkeys if it went back to android 1.1 as long as the flaming thing worked correctly all the time.

Its getting far beyond 'quirky'' now, and its about as reliable as a chocolate fire guard.
So true...
aircub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 23:11   #27
tdi90
Gets stuck in

Nissan Navara

I cant see Jeff having anything to do with pushing for updates as he's a shipper, installer and repairer (and a very helpful chap I must say).
The pushing for updates from the factory needs to come from Sean, but as time goes on and with the lack of his input into navall3 issue threads it would appear nothing is happening.
Old 28th July 2016, 00:34   #28
dendeeze
Regular poster

BMW E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdi90 View Post
I cant see Jeff having anything to do with pushing for updates as he's a shipper, installer and repairer (and a very helpful chap I must say).
The pushing for updates from the factory needs to come from Sean, but as time goes on and with the lack of his input into navall3 issue threads it would appear nothing is happening.

What kind of issue do you or someone else have, with the navall 3, data loss or reboots or none?
Just a question for all Navall 3 owners, the last big update was in august 2015, how many other updates did the navall 3 owners received ?
Old 28th July 2016, 08:07   #29
tdi90
Gets stuck in

Nissan Navara

To name a few;
Radio station memory loss
Wallpaper reverting back to standard
Sometimes gets stuck on boot screen
Loss of swc
Satnav pointer and other nav settings reverting back to std
EQ settings loss