Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th July 2020, 00:28   #11
Mgaz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT190, MG ZS TD, MGF VVC, R200 TD bubble, Austin A35

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi_crawf View Post
Holy thread revival!

So has anyone found out for certain about the throttle body internal "bore diameter"?

I ask because I am going to retro fit traction control to my 190 (with the aid of Trikey) I have the bits I need to do the job except that the replacement throttle body is originally from a Rover V6 and I was always under the impression that the 190 has a larger throttle body, however on comparing the one on my car to the "replacement" they are the same apart from obviously the additional TC butterfly valve in front of the throttle valve and that mine has the red plastic insert to improve throttle response not the white one, has the confusion come from the different shannon tube diameters rather than the throttle body?
If this is the case then really all I need to do is swap over the red insert and cable quadrant to the 75 throttle and there will be no need to find a rare 190 body with TC because it would be the same thing
Good luck finding a 190 with TC . When I was looking for a ZT with TC all of them were 160's . Never understood why that was though?
^Be kind, Subscribe^ (MGR videos )
Mgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2020, 06:41   #12
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgaz View Post
Good luck finding a 190 with TC . When I was looking for a ZT with TC all of them were 160's . Never understood why that was though?
We'll I'm told (and I've always repeated it) that TC is a bit too keen and for the 190 it can snatch away power when you don't want it to so it can be more of a hindrance than a help, I've read a few times that owners of the 190 say that so it must be available,
The only reason I'm after it is because I'm planning on a jolly in my 190 to Norway up to the arctic circle and I want every bit of help driving, and that's abs (which the car already has, TC, proper Nordic winter tyres, tyre chains and maybe a bit of skidpan practice 😁

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2020, 08:14   #13
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
We'll I'm told (and I've always repeated it) that TC is a bit too keen and for the 190 it can snatch away power when you don't want it to so it can be more of a hindrance than a help, I've read a few times that owners of the 190 say that so it must be available,
The only reason I'm after it is because I'm planning on a jolly in my 190 to Norway up to the arctic circle and I want every bit of help driving, and that's abs (which the car already has, TC, proper Nordic winter tyres, tyre chains and maybe a bit of skidpan practice 😁

Agree that TC can be a hindrance when you want to power your way out of a skid. ABS - simple, don't touch the brakes if the car isn't in a straight line.
Time of year for your visit? If in winter then a big yes to winter tyres, TC is over-rated and nothing I can’t compensate for, and skid-pans are fun and part of the driving test in Sweden but unrealistic with the possibly exception for bubble-freezing rain. If you have anywhere with loose gravel nearby take the car for a spin and see how the car responds, far more useful than TC. Not much you can do with a front wheel drive car to compensate anyway.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2020, 11:15   #14
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Agree that TC can be a hindrance when you want to power your way out of a skid. ABS - simple, don't touch the brakes if the car isn't in a straight line.

Time of year for your visit? If in winter then a big yes to winter tyres, TC is over-rated and nothing I can’t compensate for, and skid-pans are fun and part of the driving test in Sweden but unrealistic with the possibly exception for bubble-freezing rain. If you have anywhere with loose gravel nearby take the car for a spin and see how the car responds, far more useful than TC. Not much you can do with a front wheel drive car to compensate anyway.

Regards
End of February beginning of March.

maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2020, 23:45   #15
Mgaz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT190, MG ZS TD, MGF VVC, R200 TD bubble, Austin A35

Quote:
The only reason I'm after it is because I'm planning on a jolly in my 190 to Norway up to the arctic circle and I want every bit of help driving, and that's abs (which the car already has, TC, proper Nordic winter tyres, tyre chains and maybe a bit of skidpan practice ��

I've only ever once driven the ZT in snow. And it was not a pleasant experience to the point that I gave up on my journey before I'd even left town . Admittedly I didn't have winter tyres , but I felt the 18 inch wheels and all that power though just front wheel drive made it unpleasant even just on the flat.

I might have been spoiled with the old quattro though! Permanent 4Wd and lockable diffs.
^Be kind, Subscribe^ (MGR videos )
Mgaz is offline   Reply With Quote