Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd March 2016, 16:59   #151
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsyBubs View Post
Yes still got mine, needs a new crank sensor and a few other jobs doing on the old girl. Still only 52000 miles on her.
I know the feeling; my "to do" list is getting longer. Our car originally belonged to the O/P and is currently on 122000 miles. Still a stunner and we love her to bits.

Old 19th August 2016, 20:32   #152
Johna1507

75 saloon

Have had my Dorchester Red Jap spec 2.5 Club Auto from new in July 2001, and still have original invoice and documentation from SMC Slough. 178k miles and going strong.
Had personal plate put when first bought but think it may have been pre-registered. is there any way of tracing original reg no?
Johna1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 21:00   #153
eumjmorris
Loves to post

R75 now just two diesel tourers

yes, still got mine too, Jap spec, aubergine interior, etc etc.
taxed, insured, MOt'd, little used as mostly drive a diesel tourer.
eumjmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 13:47   #154
Dorchester
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Hello all Dorchesters.

Best 75 colour, end of discussion. See my user name!

I have a Club SE, Y reg 2001. 2.5 V6. Beautiful Cream leather interior, cream leather steering wheel. Sat Nav. CD interchanger. Bullet powerfold mirrors. 78,000 miles. Full set of Rover mats.
Dorchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 15:11   #155
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneymj View Post
Few pictures of my Connie which were taken a year ago, only now used at weekends
Handy pictures those as that's the first time l've seen Copperleaf with aubergine. And seeing them, l think l made the right choice in not replacing my sandstone with an aubergine l was offered. I do really like the personal lines but there's no doubt that the cream leather/carpet makes for a seemingly roomier & more airy interior. Funnily enough though, l think the Dorchester/aubergine combo make a far better match than with the Copperleaf.

Last edited by The Rovering Member; 15th May 2017 at 15:14..
The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2018, 13:10   #156
Rovermania88

Rover 75 saloon

Hi guys. I now have 4 75s as I went to absolutely love the Dorchester red / aubergine interior Compo.

So I have 2 such cars in my portfolio:

- R75 2.0 V6 Club 2000 with aubergine cloth interior - Mileage 73 000

- R75 2.5 V6 2001 Japanese spec with all options but SatNav. Aubergine leather interior. Mileage 81 000.

I love them to bits. I may consider to sell the first one as 1 is enough.
Rovermania88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2020, 21:49   #157
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

I'm bumping Tam's old thread back up to see how many of the previously mentioned Dorchester red cars are still going, and also to see if there are any members that know of any others.

I am compiling a list to see if I can trace the ones that we all know about.
Old 9th July 2020, 08:21   #158
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
I'm bumping Tam's old thread back up to see how many of the previously mentioned Dorchester red cars are still going, and also to see if there are any members that know of any others.

I am compiling a list to see if I can trace the ones that we all know about.
Our car (Tam's old one) is still going. Although she's only gone up and down the driveway this year so far.

Andy (Parahandy), just over the water from us, sold his a couple of years ago. Not sure if it's still around.
Old 10th July 2020, 20:33   #159
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Hi Andy, I own S542AOX, having bought it from member 'Waggon and Horses' around late 2017. Unfortunately, it was in a very bad way following a cambelt 'jump' (the plastic idler had collapsed) which bent 12 valves, the engine was part stripped and in the boot, the loom was chopped in half and it had been dumped in a hedge for about 3 years....

But, the original engine is now running sweetly again, one sill is fully repaired and the other is well on the way, having had new floor, inner and membrane sections let in. Probably should have been recycled if I'm honest

I also have X935UOB, which was purchased as a donor car after another member had broken it and removed various parts, but kindly allowed me to buy the rolling shell for it's Dorchester panels which are in far better condition than those on S542AOX. Every one on the S-reg is either dented, rusted, filled, scratched or poorly repainted, hence UOB will eventually be scrapped once all the panels are removed.
Old 10th July 2020, 21:00   #160
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic ZS View Post
Hi Andy, I own S542AOX, having bought it from member 'Waggon and Horses' around late 2017. Unfortunately, it was in a very bad way following a cambelt 'jump' (the plastic idler had collapsed) which bent 12 valves, the engine was part stripped and in the boot, the loom was chopped in half and it had been dumped in a hedge for about 3 years....

But, the original engine is now running sweetly again, one sill is fully repaired and the other is well on the way, having had new floor, inner and membrane sections let in. Probably should have been recycled if I'm honest

I also have X935UOB, which was purchased as a donor car after another member had broken it and removed various parts, but kindly allowed me to buy the rolling shell for it's Dorchester panels which are in far better condition than those on S542AOX. Every one on the S-reg is either dented, rusted, filled, scratched or poorly repainted, hence UOB will eventually be scrapped once all the panels are removed.
S542 AOX - The only Dorchester (So far) To have its data on the database!

Thanks for letting me know about X935 UOB, that takes the total I have to 15 cars (Although there are a couple more I have seen advertised for sale with the number plates blanked out!)