Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd May 2020, 13:54   #1
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts
Default As well as the Virus 2020 been a ??

So been getting along ok with the lockdown , but the rest of the year so far since Jan has been a bit off ..

Cue violin music

We as a family had the worst year start so far we can remember:

The whole family have gone through a awful chest/throat infections ( all mostly sorted by Normal antibiotics) . all before anything covid was announced..

in addition I had an awful digestive bug that put me in Hospital, then arrived home and I got the Throat bug that moved to my chest , so had anitbiotics x 2 and a steroid session.

Added to this i got an badly infected ingrowing toe nail , was awful and could barely walk , but some podiatry work and more antibiotics had these 3 times.x 7 days . seems to have settled d0wn a bit now. although all future worl currently on hold.

But Wife and i still have a bit of a cough ( so a bit taboo at the mo', and tends to clear any areas with each Bark .. ) .

Dealing with this Isolating, with wifes Asthma and my T2 Diabetes , not too bad down in our quiet village.

Had our April family hols to USA dashed and spending my time sorting out all the refunds 000's etc.. flight refunds still outstanding, and may well lose the villa costs if we can't go again in October

Recently lost all the upstairs lights, not fuses etc , so looks like a while in the dark not that it matters dring the spring/summer .

And no car shows to go to .

And now it gets worse .

This week my 90 year old dad has had to go into a care home with all the risks, even thought they are clear of Covid at the moment, this because my Stepmum has been struggling to look after him since his stroke and now with this lockdown and no outside help , is unable to care for him properly any more.

She herself has had a triple bypass a few years back and a new hip which gives her some grief and now shes just had a terminal kidney diagnosis, so maybe a year ? ,

Now spending my time trying to sort out social funding for the care home as his monies won't last 6 months privately. and trying to help out whilst meeting the "rules" ..

Chris
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Last edited by ceedy; 3rd May 2020 at 13:57..
ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2020, 14:23   #2
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post

Now spending my time trying to sort out social funding for the care home as his monies won't last 6 months privately. and trying to help out whilst meeting the "rules" ..

Chris

Once the savings have gone to below £23500the County Council will part fund it. Savings below £14250 they will fully it though he will have to contribute his pension to it. That might mean that your mothers income to live is too low in which case you need to apply for Pension Credit.If you have chosen a care home above the County rate you will like me have to fund the difference.
Unfortunately if your mother dies the house will be sold to pay for the fees.
A bit of a minefield - use CAB or Age UK if you need help.
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2020, 15:21   #3
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

the house is 60% owned by one of those home reversion gangs, a load of shysters from what i've gathered trying to deal with as having dads POA .

C

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
Once the savings have gone to below £23500the County Council will part fund it. Savings below £14250 they will fully it though he will have to contribute his pension to it. That might mean that your mothers income to live is too low in which case you need to apply for Pension Credit.If you have chosen a care home above the County rate you will like me have to fund the difference.
Unfortunately if your mother dies the house will be sold to pay for the fees.
A bit of a minefield - use CAB or Age UK if you need help.
When I were a lad
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Old 3rd May 2020, 15:30   #4
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
the house is 60% owned by one of those home reversion gangs, a load of shysters from what i've gathered trying to deal with as having dads POA .

C

As your mother is still living in it they cannot take into account the value of the 40% they own
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2020, 11:55   #5
ceedy
This is my second home

Awful not beeing able to visit my Dad ..

But finally getting somewhere with the Council social care funding my Dads Care Home costs.

And also sorted out home care assistance for my Step mum .

So lots of worries to contend with. Dad had a fall in his room , and also additionally got a leg infection due to his own circulation problems .

In the mean time my step mum has been up and down with her health, and the issue of now living alone, although she does get 3 visits a day from social services and others from us, its not the same.

And during a home help visit yesterday she had funny turn and was rushed off to Hospital .

A concern in itself just being in a hospital at the moment !

Honestly i think she may not come home ., she will either stay in Hospital or be moved to a Hospice .

My Dad knows nothing of this situation , and not sure how to deal with it, a face to face talk is the way but can't visit him !.

Can only tell him by a message so impersonal , and he will just worry himself constanttly , which is understandable but ...

Don't know mums current prognosis yet , and I suspect its the original terminal diagnosis appearing early.

Chris
When I were a lad
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Last edited by ceedy; 19th June 2020 at 12:07..
Old 19th June 2020, 12:06   #6
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Awful not beeing able to visit my Dad ..
But finally getting somewhere with the Council social care funding my Dads Care Home costs.

So lots of worries to contend with. Dad had a fall in his room , and also additionally got a leg infection due to his own circulation problems .

In the mean time my step mum has been up and down with her health, and the issue of now living alone, although she does get 3 visits a day from social services and others from us, its not the same.

And during a home help visit yesterday she was taken very ill and been rushed off to Hospital .

A concern in itself just being in a hospital at the moment !

Honestly i think she may not come home ., she will either stay in Hospital or be moved to a Hospice .

My Dad knows nothing of this situation , and not sure how to deal with it, a face to face talk is the way but can't visit him !.

Can only tell him by a message so impersonal , and he will just worry himself constanttly , which is understandable but ...

Don't know mums current prognosis yet , and I suspect its the original terminal diagnosis appearing early.

Chris
Sorry to hear such sad news Chris.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2020, 21:47   #7
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Your parents may be separated and in poor health, but at least they are still with you. Cherish the time you have with them.2016 was our annus horribilus. In February my uncle, dad's brother, passed away after a long illness, in September his son my cousin, passed away from throat cancer aged 45, then in December my dad passed away unexpectedly after a short illness.
Old 20th June 2020, 07:50   #8
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

The local council and the NHS will in my experience do their utmost to get you self-funding and they will do so by hook or by crook if necessary. It may be the case that you are in that category but if you haven't done so already you need to ask social services about NHS Continuing Health Care. Click
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2020, 08:37   #9
ceedy
This is my second home

Both Dads care home funding and mums home visits funding have now all been agreed .

But mums current situation may well change, if she doesn't come home .

C

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
The local council and the NHS will in my experience do their utmost to get you self-funding and they will do so by hook or by crook if necessary. It may be the case that you are in that category but if you haven't done so already you need to ask social services about NHS Continuing Health Care. Click
When I were a lad
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Old 25th June 2020, 16:07   #10
ceedy
This is my second home

Had the task of telling my Dad yesterday, that his wife is very seriously ill.

And that she may not come home .

And now since then the plan has changed from her going up country to a nursing home near her family to being moved back to the same town as they lived in and where dads care home is,

so logisically better, not that i cared , would have taken him anywhere.

And mums prognosis has now been changed from weeks to days , so trying arrange a last gettogether for them , probably has to be this weekend .

So will have to break this latest news to dad as well .

But this virus lockdown is getting in the way Bigtime ..

C.
When I were a lad
210 Kart Champ in 70's