Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th October 2014, 17:24   #1
Mikeal1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDT

Default 12v Pump.

I have just found out that I need a 12v water pump to enable me to use water in the caravan.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Plenum spy hole mod, bonnet mod, handbrake mod. New Smiley plate with club website address. LED bulbs fitted throughout, inc glove box and Numberplate, Flipkey, rear parking sensors, rear offside cubby hole cover, 2x extra LED ambient lights in tourer boot, ultimate remote, walnut gear knob, Walnut steering wheel, in-line stat, illuminated sun visors, load cover with dog guard, extra aux and USB sockets in armrest.
Mikeal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 17:40   #2
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeal1 View Post
I have just found out that I need a 12v water pump to enable me to use water in the caravan.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Hi Mike,
You need a submersible pump. What year is the van, most come with it, mines a very early 90's ABI and it has electric water pump, earlier vans just had a footpump.
Have a look in ebay in caravan spares/parts or most caravan dealers and camping shops sell them, Towsure, Caravanstuff4u,Edwards tent hire in Walsall or try Gosford Caravan, near to you on the 449 I think.
Have fun and welcome to the joys of caravanning
Hope this helps,
Martyn

Don't think I'll be able to get to the Nano next weekend to give any other advice
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 18:16   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

take a look at the side of the caravan, front offside. there may be 2 flaps there, unlikely 3 but possible, one is water heater flue, the other may be for the water pump to connect too. post some pictures and we may be able to help some more.
macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 19:13   #4
squire
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
take a look at the side of the caravan, front offside. there may be 2 flaps there, unlikely 3 but possible, one is water heater flue, the other may be for the water pump to connect too. post some pictures and we may be able to help some more.
macafee2
Old 13th October 2014, 19:42   #5
Mikeal1
Posted a thing or two

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413229362.818279.jpg

These 2 flaps?

Plenum spy hole mod, bonnet mod, handbrake mod. New Smiley plate with club website address. LED bulbs fitted throughout, inc glove box and Numberplate, Flipkey, rear parking sensors, rear offside cubby hole cover, 2x extra LED ambient lights in tourer boot, ultimate remote, walnut gear knob, Walnut steering wheel, in-line stat, illuminated sun visors, load cover with dog guard, extra aux and USB sockets in armrest.
Old 13th October 2014, 19:45   #6
Mikeal1
Posted a thing or two

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413229460.308966.jpg

One is a vent, the other has this in it

Old 13th October 2014, 20:15   #7
squire
Posted a thing or two

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeal1 View Post
Attachment 41013

One is a vent, the other has this in it
Congratulations, it looks like you've found your 12volt submersible pump! Take the twin core blue hose out and drop the white end part into your water container, inside the caravan there should be a control panel with various switches on. Check that your battery is ok, find the switch that probably says car/off/caravan switch to caravan, another switch says pump, switch that on, open a tap and with luck the pump should run and you get water. You may have knock the submersible pump against the side of the water container to move any air locks.
Good luck Mike, PM me if you think I might be able to give any more help, I'm no expert but like caravanning.
Regards,
Martyn

By the way the vent is most likely the water heater vent.
Old 13th October 2014, 20:16   #8
Mikeal1
Posted a thing or two

I love you.thanks

Old 13th October 2014, 20:41   #9
squire
Posted a thing or two

Wink

No problem Mike, I'm not much good on Rovers, but like to help where I can. If I can help at all I'm only in Bilston, not far, I could come over, sure we'd sort it between us, just PM me
Martyn
Old 16th October 2014, 19:58   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

can I claim any credit?
The vent to the right is the flue to the water heater. bottom left corner of the flue I think is the drain plug for the water heater, need a 2p to remove it, don't loose the O ring.
I would give the blue hose on the water pump a clean. I think that type of pump works with micro switches in the taps so make sure all your taps are turned off when the pump is powered and out of water. when it is not powered and your storing the caravan do open the taps so water can drain out .

the flap over the water pump once lifted to 90 degrees will I think slide back into the caravan. just below the blue hose fitting is a carver water filter, remove this when storing caravan and just loosely screw the clear plastic head back, throw the rest. you may need pliers to undo as they can be very hard to undo, when putting a new one in only do it hand tight and only enough so it does not leek. it is recommended that you put a bit of vegetable oil I think on the O ring of the clear plastic bit when putting a new filter in

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote