Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd October 2014, 08:14   #21
SirRustalot
Gets stuck in

Box of ales and some cheap sunglasses

Remove the head unit. No question about it. The car will go straight to auction, most definitely.

Think on this: if you bought your replacement on finance, the cost of your old car is built-in to the purchase price of your new car via the finance. You're giving the car away anyway, so take out everything of value but leave the essentials.

This is what I'd do, anyway.
Old 22nd October 2014, 08:29   #22
Mikeal1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDT

Remove it, then sell it to me

Plenum spy hole mod, bonnet mod, handbrake mod. New Smiley plate with club website address. LED bulbs fitted throughout, inc glove box and Numberplate, Flipkey, rear parking sensors, rear offside cubby hole cover, 2x extra LED ambient lights in tourer boot, ultimate remote, walnut gear knob, Walnut steering wheel, in-line stat, illuminated sun visors, load cover with dog guard, extra aux and USB sockets in armrest.
Mikeal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 08:37   #23
Sidetops
I really should get out more.......

Land Rover Freelander 2

Remember taking a car in part exchange once. When the customer brought it in to collect his new one I noticed the wheel trims were missing from his old car. As I went over to check, it soon became apparent that the stereo was missing, as were the speakers, and the rear parcel shelf, and the spare wheel jack and wheel brace!

When I enquired as to where they had gone, he thought he could sell them on Ebay.....

Its probably fine to remove the head unit, but replace it with something else. Not all dealers send them to auction (we don't)

How would you feel if your new car came delivered with a hole in the middle of the dash?

Last edited by Sidetops; 22nd October 2014 at 08:49..
Sidetops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 21:46   #24
Mikeal1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDT

I don't suppose he would mind so much,

Afterall he would have one of Sean's units to fill the gap.

Disclaimer:
This was a joke and in no way meant to offend.

Plenum spy hole mod, bonnet mod, handbrake mod. New Smiley plate with club website address. LED bulbs fitted throughout, inc glove box and Numberplate, Flipkey, rear parking sensors, rear offside cubby hole cover, 2x extra LED ambient lights in tourer boot, ultimate remote, walnut gear knob, Walnut steering wheel, in-line stat, illuminated sun visors, load cover with dog guard, extra aux and USB sockets in armrest.
Mikeal1 is offline   Reply With Quote