I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2014, 19:59   #12
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Never had a GSD, biggest dog we ever had was a Doberman. Good job they had a reputation because she was the softest lump you'd ever come across. Used to like getting up on your knee when you were watching telly!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2014, 20:00   #13
A19_Graham
I really should get out more.......

Land Rover Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
All three have been rescues dogs. The second one, Kim, I found lying on the central reservation on the Stafford Road close to Wolverhampton city centre on a snowy February afternoon back in 1989. I couldn't leave her there so scooped her up and put in the foot well of my Astra van and took her straight to the vets. She was in a state with a large chunk of flesh hanging off her left shoulder, shivering (fear?) and starving. Vet sorted her out but she had to go to the local rescue centre, which at the time used to put them down if they hadn't been claimed after 7 days. We ticked the days off the calendar and picked her up a after a week. She was such a timid wee beastie wouldn't go anywhere without her minder our other dog, Carla, an Alsatian X.

Broke my heart she did. They all do.

Holly, our present one, has a heart condition. Costing me a fortune at the vets but I don't care. Love my dogs me.

The elsdest (Lady) which we lost the back end of last year at the age of 13, must have cost 20k in the last 3 or 4 years of her life, worth every penny.
A19_Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2014, 20:14   #14
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Milka, our Poodle in the pic below is now over 16! His back end is a bit stiff, he's almost blind, deaf, leaks a bit (much like our cars!) but still loves his food, plays with his toys. As for Abbey, not sure how old she is, she was my mother's dog, we adopted her when my mother passed away.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2014, 20:19   #15
A19_Graham

Land Rover Freelander 2

Theres thousands of dogs, all looking for loving homes. Never a need to go to a breeder.
A19_Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2014, 20:22   #16
Mikeal1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDT

Default Why so many pointless arguments on the forum - do people not have wives?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418678481.258922.jpg

My 3 resident westies. I have another in at the moment a 12 year old girl who is blind and partially deaf :-)

I run a Westie rescue

Plenum spy hole mod, bonnet mod, handbrake mod. New Smiley plate with club website address. LED bulbs fitted throughout, inc glove box and Numberplate, Flipkey, rear parking sensors, rear offside cubby hole cover, 2x extra LED ambient lights in tourer boot, ultimate remote, walnut gear knob, Walnut steering wheel, in-line stat, illuminated sun visors, load cover with dog guard, extra aux and USB sockets in armrest.
Mikeal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2014, 20:27   #17
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

These are our 2
And yes, the young one is as naughty a dog as i have ever had. He's very loving though, so he gets away with it.
Old 15th December 2014, 22:32   #18
Borg Warner

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney bear View Post
These are our 2
And yes, the young one is as naughty a dog as i have ever had. He's very loving though, so he gets away with it.

How cute. But why the cone of shame?
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2014, 22:48   #19
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeal1 View Post
Attachment 43070

My 3 resident westies. I have another in at the moment a 12 year old girl who is blind and partially deaf :-)

I run a Westie rescue
Now westies are a strange breed. We had one, well he was the wife's family dog, and we had him when we got married he had been used to getting his own way from her parents. When I came on the scene,he had to do as I said,I was boss not him,and he didn't like it. He bit me numerous times over the years we had him,he hated baths,bikes skateboards hoovers,prams, and haircuts. He would lunge at any of the moving objects mentioned above, he was the only aggressive westie I had encountered. That was until our neighbour got one, he was a remake of the dog we had, from a pup,they eventually had to give him to a westie rehoming centre.,when the wife became pregnant, next door's wife that is ,not mine. I had a border collie cross,before I got married, adopted him from someone else,who picked him up as a stray.He was the most placid dog ,each Xmas my mother used to invite the neighbours kids round for a treat off the tree the dog would come in and lap,up,the fuss the kids made of him. As they were small they sometimes grabbed his tail and waved it side to side,dog just let them,they could take biscuits from his mouth,and he would just stand or sit next to them until they gave him it back.The only time he ever growled,was at the local vet,she was horrible, don't know how she came to the proffession,she went to pick him up to give him his booster injection,and was soooo rough ,manhandling him on to the table,I would have growled had I been a dog.
Been without him for 20 years now,missed like crazy,kids desperate for a dog, but we both work full time,so it's not fair to leave a dog at home all day,they need company as well as excersise.
Old 16th December 2014, 08:24   #20
Gunner RA
Avid contributor

rover 75 Saloon

Our yorkie x Cairn terrier a little dog that thinks its a Rottwieller, adopted her about 3yrs ago.

Our rescue Borzoi who is approximately 14 or 15 yrs now and getting a wee bit unsteady on her feet. She was originally found 10 years ago living as a stray close to the A5 near Cannock
Gunner RA is offline   Reply With Quote