Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd December 2014, 17:10   #21
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatedeskjets View Post
oh ok

I'm not going to reply with quote to that, far too much reading for what started as a light hearted but of fun.

All I can say is I've imported several thousand pounds worth of various kit and built up some very good business relationships on alibaba and aliexpress over the years and have never had any problems getting a refund or coming to an arrangement with the Chinese sellers.

Tracking information shows my box as 'Departure from outward office of exchange' which is Chinapost lingo for ' It's been collected, opened and inspected, and has departed' . This is where tracking stops until it is delivered.

I'll let you know if it arrives and what is in the box, it is after all only a £9 punt, merry xmas all.

it's a forum, if you open a can, expect worms to come out...
Old 23rd December 2014, 13:03   #22
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
oh ok

I'm not going to reply with quote to that, far too much reading for what started as a light hearted but of fun.

All I can say is I've imported several thousand pounds worth of various kit and built up some very good business relationships on alibaba and aliexpress over the years and have never had any problems getting a refund or coming to an arrangement with the Chinese sellers.

Tracking information shows my box as 'Departure from outward office of exchange' which is Chinapost lingo for ' It's been collected, opened and inspected, and has departed' . This is where tracking stops until it is delivered.

I'll let you know if it arrives and what is in the box, it is after all only a £9 punt, merry xmas all.
Didnt intend to be defensive or smart aleccy just to share some experiences of my past Chinese dealings over the last 9 years or so !
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2014, 22:21   #23
grahamw
Regular poster

rover 75 saloons

Brilliant,
I'd have done the same.
Much better odds than the lottery!
I'm watching this thread with bated breath!

If you're really sure it can't be mended, can I have it for nowt.
grahamw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2014, 21:07   #24
Mikeal1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDT

I'm just posting for the update

Plenum spy hole mod, bonnet mod, handbrake mod. New Smiley plate with club website address. LED bulbs fitted throughout, inc glove box and Numberplate, Flipkey, rear parking sensors, rear offside cubby hole cover, 2x extra LED ambient lights in tourer boot, ultimate remote, walnut gear knob, Walnut steering wheel, in-line stat, illuminated sun visors, load cover with dog guard, extra aux and USB sockets in armrest.
Mikeal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2014, 22:13   #25
spawn666
Loves to post

MG ZT-T

Very interested to know the outcome!

spawn666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2014, 11:54   #26
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Default just like when you buy a....

its like buying a xbox off ebay, receiving it and opening it to find that you've just bought a £200 brick! I hope you fair better and find you get something remotely useful. But the guy shutting his shop down straight after purchase, even if they were trying to get rid of one time bulk stock, smells very fishy!

Last edited by maxxpump; 29th December 2014 at 11:58..
maxxpump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2014, 11:59   #27
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Default just like when you buy a....

whoops, double post :S
Old 29th December 2014, 12:22   #28
ihatedeskjets
Regular poster

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxpump View Post
its like buying a xbox off ebay, receiving it and opening it to find that you've just bought a £200 brick! I hope you fair better and find you get something remotely useful. But the guy shutting his shop down straight after purchase, even if they were trying to get rid of one time bulk stock, smells very fishy!
With the seller doing a runner this makes it easier to get my £9 back if it doesn't arrive, he hasn't got the cash yet, and if I have to open a case who's going to argue with me?

If the box arrives I'll video the opening ceremony and youtube it as pictures will kinda ruin the suspense. I just hope it arrives before next Monday as I work away from home on weekdays.

Things I've done:
New MAf, EGR bypass, Service, O-rings, New discs and pads all round, Borg n Beck Clutch, Double din GPS dvd R/Cam, New front grill, Belts.

Things to do:
Shocks all round, and fix the abs / speedo.
ihatedeskjets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2014, 12:26   #29
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Many years ago when working for Xerox I arranged carriage for a container of third world basic spec copiers to go to Nigeria, Well one 20ft container of basic copiers was collected by the shipping company for Tilbury and one 20ft container of breeze blocks arrived at Xerox Nigeria.

My comment that the blocks were probably more useful to them anyway didn't seem to go down well with the export dept.

No sense of humour some people

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..

Last edited by whitevanman; 29th December 2014 at 12:31..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 08:02   #30
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
With the seller doing a runner this makes it easier to get my £9 back if it doesn't arrive, he hasn't got the cash yet, and if I have to open a case who's going to argue with me?

If the box arrives I'll video the opening ceremony and youtube it as pictures will kinda ruin the suspense. I just hope it arrives before next Monday as I work away from home on weekdays.
Still have fingers crossed for you though
On a non delivery I think the time before you could claim runs into several weeks if not months.
You are being a good source of fun with this, if and when it comes to a youtube video, go the whole "hog" and show the box of Kleenex Etc
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote