Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th February 2018, 17:29   #1
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts
Default Trikey and Ian G go Dutch

Hello all

Trikey and myself are planning to visit the Netherlands in 2019 and we hope we can get to meet some of you.
Here's the link to the main thread if you want to add your name.
https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=279676
I will post more information as time goes along.
Thanks Ian

Last edited by Ian G; 27th February 2018 at 20:07..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2018, 17:43   #2
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Following this thread.
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2018, 14:55   #3
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

And what will really help with this proposed visit is that most of the folks over there speak English.----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2018, 13:48   #4
dbt01
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Hello all
Trikey and myself are planning to visit the Netherlands in 2019 and we hope we can get to meet some of you.
I will post more information as time goes along.
Thanks Ian
Why wait so long? 2018 maybe?
See if you can convince some of the V8 gang to join in. Mine is getting a bit lonely here in the south!

David
dbt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2018, 15:12   #5
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

[QUOTE=DavidBytheway;2600281]
No chance for me to travel this year David, but of course anyone can arrange a meeting anywhere, all it takes is a few phone calls, a bit of internet time and a couple of minutes to post it on the forum/s, you never know someone may take it on for 2018

.See if you can convince some of the V8 gang to join in.
I dont have access to the 260s forum David so maybe you could point any 260 members that dont visit the events and meets page on this forum towards the trip ..thanks

Mine is getting a bit lonely here in the south!
Why not hop on the ferry and join us at the National meet in May? It's only about 2.5 hrs from Harwich

Cheers Ian

Last edited by Ian G; 27th February 2018 at 15:32..
Old 27th February 2018, 16:14   #6
dbt01
Retired

[QUOTE=Ian G;2600321]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBytheway View Post
No chance for me to travel this year David, but of course anyone can arrange a meeting anywhere, all it takes is a few phone calls, a bit of internet time and a couple of minutes to post it on the forum/s, you never know someone may take it on for 2018

.See if you can convince some of the V8 gang to join in.
I dont have access to the 260s forum David so maybe you could point any 260 members that dont visit the events and meets page on this forum towards the trip ..thanks

Mine is getting a bit lonely here in the south!
Why not hop on the ferry and join us at the National meet in May? It's only about 2.5 hrs from Harwich

Cheers Ian
I'll mention it on the 'Two-Sixties'. Ian. May time to the UK I can't manage. Planning to drive down to Barcelona on the 3rd. I am still planning to go to the POL in April again though. See you there maybe? I'll be easy to spot as the only Chatsworth LHD R75V8 there I guess!

David
Old 8th March 2018, 18:19   #7
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Hi
Just an update regarding the UK to Netherlands trip.
I am hoping to arrange a 75/ZT stand at the 2019 Best of British show at http://en.classicpark.nl Boxtel NL and hope that many of our 75 and ZT friends from Europe will join us.
Thanks Ian

Last edited by Ian G; 10th March 2018 at 16:39..
Old 11th March 2018, 11:12   #8
dbt01
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Hi
Just an update regarding the UK to Netherlands trip.
I am hoping to arrange a 75/ZT stand at the 2019 Best of British show at http://en.classicpark.nl Boxtel NL and hope that many of our 75 and ZT friends from Europe will join us.
Thanks Ian
Sounds good, Ian, but a word of caution. Best of British wasn't a brilliant turn-out last year for the event in September. You've got the museum itself of course (currently with a Rover 75 V8), but it's no way a POL event nor a Gaydon size museum, or even car-park.
Old 11th March 2018, 17:04   #9
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBytheway View Post
Sounds good, Ian, but a word of caution. Best of British wasn't a brilliant turn-out last year for the event in September. You've got the museum itself of course (currently with a Rover 75 V8), but it's no way a POL event nor a Gaydon size museum, or even car-park.
Thanks for the heads up David but I think that it will do well for our first overseas visit, it has a cafe and toilets and that alone makes it a far more attractive proposition than POL for me and many others.
Cheers Ian
Old 22nd March 2018, 14:25   #10
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Hi Folks
This will be the last update for a while BUT the visit to the Best of British show at Boxtel nl in 2019 will
definitely happen.
The initial post was purely to see if it would be worth while organising a group trip rather than just the two of us going.
It's now looking as if we can have our own 75-ZT stand at the show which is held here http://en.classicpark.nl/ each September so I'm hoping that it will be an opportunity to join with our European friends and put on a good display.
Most of the hotels-ferries are unable to quote prices for 2019 at the moment so we can't really come up with a firm price yet, but as well as the ferries we're looking at "le shuttle" as an alternative means of travel. This would mean a drive through France and Belgium of around 3 hours but would be easy enough with a couple of stops on the way. Bonus is of course that it's a 35 minute journey that won't be affected by the weather and they will give a discount if there are 15 or more vehicles traveling together.
The rough layout of the trip would be group meal and ticket/info handout etc Thursday evening with hotel stay overnight before crossing the channel Friday AM with Fri/Sat/Sun/ night stay in Holland and return to UK Monday.
If anyone want's more info or a chat about the trip just PM Andy (Trikey) or Ian (Ian G)
We'll still be adding names to the list and there's no firm commitment at this stage however if you fancy doing something a little different with your 75/ZT in 2019 then put your name down.
This post will be updated as and when we get more info to pass on.
Cheers Ian and Andy