Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th June 2018, 13:21   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default Bleeding the clutch advice please

I'm bleeding the clutch on a CDTI via master through slave and out via bleed nipple and am using an eezi bleed kit.
The only clutch I have ever bled before is the one on my motorbike and was always able to press and depress the clutch lever without fluid shooting out of the reservoir.

Do I need to put the condom and master cylinder cap back before I press the clutch lever down?

Is it right that without condom and cap when pressing the clutch slowly fluid will come over the top of the reservoir?

When bleeding with an eezi bleed kit, am I right that the clutch pedal needs to be in the up position?

questions questions questions but I feel once done, I am well and truly on the home run.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2018, 13:27   #2
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Take the top off the master cylinder, remove the condom, then screw on the Eezibleed lid (it might need pushing round with a long screwdriver to get a tight seal) - test for air tightness first without fluid in the bottle. Clutch pedal should be in the up position (it should be in this position in any case, as long as the pedal and spring are fitted correctly). Connect the Eezibleed to a spare tyre at 20 psi, and off you go. You need 13 and 8mm spanners for the bleed nipple at the slave end. Put a short length of plastic tube over the bleed nipple into a jar to catch the fluid at the slave end. After removing the Eezibleed, you will need to remove 5-10 mL fluid from the master using a syringe/tube, so you can get the condom and lid back on.

Good luck

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2018, 14:08   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastPete View Post
Take the top off the master cylinder, remove the condom, then screw on the Eezibleed lid (it might need pushing round with a long screwdriver to get a tight seal) - test for air tightness first without fluid in the bottle. Clutch pedal should be in the up position (it should be in this position in any case, as long as the pedal and spring are fitted correctly). Connect the Eezibleed to a spare tyre at 20 psi, and off you go. You need 13 and 8mm spanners for the bleed nipple at the slave end. Put a short length of plastic tube over the bleed nipple into a jar to catch the fluid at the slave end. After removing the Eezibleed, you will need to remove 5-10 mL fluid from the master using a syringe/tube, so you can get the condom and lid back on.

Good luck

Pete
magic thank you Pete. I have done the bleed and was wondering how much fluid to take out.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote