Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17th August 2018, 08:19   #11
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Is this an issue for the Moderators at all? Just asking thats all as this forum if pretty well moderated compared to another non car related one I am on which is useless. And the swear filter on this one is NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- brilliant
Old 17th August 2018, 08:29   #12
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

PM sent Clyde.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
Old 17th August 2018, 08:38   #13
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

Toys out of the pram because you don't want to hear someone else's opinion. Idiots in here, Brian is not one. If the pushing of car was in For Sale section only this would not have occurred. I understand Clyde wants to recoup large outlay of money, but this smacks of the snowflake society many moan about in here.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
Old 17th August 2018, 08:53   #14
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Clyde is a decent guy - an enthusiast - I too enjoy his posts his enthusiasm cheers me up 😃 - Snowflake he most certainly isn’t.

To infer that he is in anyway shape or form says more about the accuser.
Old 17th August 2018, 09:08   #15
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

Why put a thread in open forum inviting opinions, then shut it when he does not like the opinions, then open another one.

Put the car up for sale, it will sell for what it is worth. Yes you outed me I am a snowflake.

Old 17th August 2018, 09:43   #16
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,631 Posts

Sorry to read this Clyde, such a shame that you feel this way
Stay around Clyde, we’re all going to miss your Nevving posts, that’s for sure.

Here’s an idea..........don’t sell Wurzel and continue being a valued paid up member

2016 MINI Cooper S 210 : 2000 Rover 75 CDT Classic SE : 2009 Freelander 2 GS : 2000 Mini Cooper Sport : 1986 Mini Mayfair : 1980 Mini Pickup : 1971 Mini Cooper S
Old 17th August 2018, 10:00   #17
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Sorry you feel like leaving Clyde- I enjoyed meeting you and seeing your car at POL and NEC. We can't lose another 'WX' reg car from the club !

A car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, and I know from my own experience of restoration projects that you rarely recoup what you spend when you come to sell. Personal sentiment can enter into it, but I agree that Wurzel is unique car, and I would not know how the hell to value it ! What irritates me at some car shows are the exhibits (often MGBs, since I tend to check them over) where the owner has obviously lavished much expense on a posh leather interior, extra shiny chrome bits, walnut gear knobs etc. then you look underneath and see that the sills and floor pan are rotten ! . I am sure this is not the case for your car, but I feel that a mechanically and structurally sound car comes first before you start on the cosmetics. Cars are a personal thing, and everyone has their own take on what makes a nice car. Hope you decide to stay.

Take care

Pete
Old 17th August 2018, 10:06   #18
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

This is one of the best forums to be a part of. Loads of technical archives and “how to” as well as willing and friendly members.
Don’t let one member put you off.
If you want to see real keyboard abuse go on to mgrover.org. I’m staggered at the abuse on there.
If we were to put a trip advisor or other such rating scheme in place, this forum would be 90 to 99% all day long.
Just to give you an example of something that offended me recently but I decided to say nothing at the time was sending an item to a member FOC only to see it up for sale after.
My conscience is clear but he has to live with own conscience and his devious nature. One member will not put me off. Stick around.
Old 17th August 2018, 10:14   #19
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_of_British View Post
Why put a thread in open forum inviting opinions, then shut it when he does not like the opinions, then open another one.

Put the car up for sale, it will sell for what it is worth. Yes you outed me I am a snowflake.

Well we can all see “it” from our respective positions and prejudices. My take was ‘ your car is the best I have seen Clyde - I hope you get what you ask for her’.

Would I want to buy Clyde’s car? - no - I am happy with mine and frankly a superb pristine ZTT is really not what I need - I would ruin it.

To start labelling people is really not what this club is about.

The issue here is that Clyde is a far nicer bloke than some on here that delight in pulling others down because of issues THEY clearly have.

I remember when the cars for sale section would get infested with nasty comments about the cars for sale. Thankfully the Mods put a stop to that.

I would imagine Clyde expected some fair and decent comments from fellow enthusiasts - instead he got bile with a streak of vindictive sh!te.

He didn’t deserve it.
Old 17th August 2018, 10:15   #20
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

This is the main reason why comments on the cars for sale section were turned off Clyde made a rod for his own back by posting in the main section, shouldn't have done it Throwing toys out of the pram does him nor anyone any good. Anyway, it's all done now, perhaps rethink Clyde & put it down to experience.
Closed Thread