Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th December 2018, 09:12   #11
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Slightly more vibration (But not enough to worry about) Using the powerflex bush, but you get zero engine movement and it will last!
Whilst doing the front arms and drop links on my car, I have put on a Powerflex lower mount, with the original plastic centre bush fitted in place of metal, as per Artic's how-to. I'll try to report back once the car is back up and running. I have tried the 'genuine' X-part diesel mount with an M stamped on it (plus yellow dot) - it is OK, but seems a bit harder and does transmit a bit of vibration compared to the old diesel mounts with a 'T' stamped on them. The cheaper diesel mount from DMGRS works fine, and is a softer compound, so does keep vibration low - it does allow a bit of engine movement, so under some conditions, you might get a faint knock on moving off from standstill.

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2018, 12:16   #12
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastPete View Post
Whilst doing the front arms and drop links on my car, I have put on a Powerflex lower mount, with the original plastic centre bush fitted in place of metal, as per Artic's how-to. I'll try to report back once the car is back up and running. I have tried the 'genuine' X-part diesel mount with an M stamped on it (plus yellow dot) - it is OK, but seems a bit harder and does transmit a bit of vibration compared to the old diesel mounts with a 'T' stamped on them. The cheaper diesel mount from DMGRS works fine, and is a softer compound, so does keep vibration low - it does allow a bit of engine movement, so under some conditions, you might get a faint knock on moving off from standstill.

Pete
HI Pete.
Big thank you for that little report about the original T stamped mount with letter M now stamped on it with yellow dot, compared to the original with the letter T, it gives an insight to more or less that the same compound can not be being used as was with the letter T ones.

Also I have fitted for now the cheaper diesel mount albeit not from DRMGS to see how that will fair, but right away I could see stress on the rubber, being an Auto I do not expect good service from it to be honest, as of yet it as not been driven as I am sorting out all the little jobs etc before using on the rough roads, but as you have found moving the car about on the drive you can feel that faint knock.

I will most likely opt for an original as I note that on another thread Mat seems to have found some, I think Rev jules as had one delivered.

If not I will opt for a power flex, i also have a couple of the jaguar mounts in the shed but found that they can foul on the mount bracket fixed to the engine.

I purchased a bracket and filed/ground a small section out so it would not foul, that would stop the problem them most likely make them a good mount, the spring and warmer weather will soon find that out as i intend to add it to my Tourer.

Link below f the Jag mount. from the original mount thread.
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...&postcount=192

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...130209&page=20

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2018, 13:09   #13
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Yes the one Matt has sent me has the letter M stamped on the rubber.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2018, 13:41   #14
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

Rev
Do you mean a 'T' ? - the original M was for the petrol models. Which car is this mount for - your diesel or the 2.5 V6 ?

Cheers

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2018, 16:50   #15
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

Rev
Quote:
Do you mean a 'T' ? - the original M was for the petrol models. Which car is this mount for - your diesel or the 2.5 V6 ?

Cheers

Pete
Hi Pete.
Great question as I was under the impression it was an original diesel letter T one, that was why i mentioned it after seeing Rev Jules thread and Mat mentioning that he had a few hidden away on another thread also, as the original letter M mount was/is for the 1.8 petrol model.

Until recently over the last 18months etc that the manufacturer as started using the mould with letter M stamped into it for the diesel but using the compound for the diesel so we are lead to believe ?

To summarize the mounts in category.

Letter M = 1.8 Petrol
Letter P = 2.5 Petrol
Letter T = 2.0 Diesel

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2018, 17:15   #16
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget1960 View Post
Wullie, How did the yellow powerflex stack up against the OEM item in terms of transmitted vibration and engine movement when taking up drive?
I found it ok and was happy with it fitted and you'll never need to buy a replacement as it's lifetime warranty.
Old 5th December 2018, 17:33   #17
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:

Cheers

Pete
It’s for my V6.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote