Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th August 2019, 17:04   #1
respace
Avid contributor

Rover 75

Default End of the road for me

I think the clutch has given up on my 75, if confirmed I fear it will be the end for me. I was recently made redundant so don't really have a need for it at present, I'll happily donate it to the club or anyone who wishes to save it.
It's a CDTI with 130k, MOT'd until April, daily runner looks grubby as it's been sat under a tree with incontinent pidgeons but cleans up nice!
Only worry is the garage will want a decision soon as it's taking up their space, be sorry to see it scrapped.
respace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2019, 17:08   #2
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Sorry to hear about your redundancy and it's a very kind offer to donate it to someone in the club

I'm sure someone will be along soon that can fix it and keep another on the road
Old 6th August 2019, 17:13   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I am sorry that you have been made redundant and I hope the situation is resolved quickly.

I feel mean asking.
Is your car a saloon or Tourer, MK1 or MKII? Although expensive if you pay a garage it is a DIY job. It would be generous to give it away and if redundant, perhaps you should reconsider.

I wish you the best

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2019, 17:17   #4
respace
Avid contributor

Rover 75

It's MK1 saloon, based in West Dorset, will need to be towed.
Old 6th August 2019, 17:38   #5
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi, Respace, sorry to hear your clutch needs fixing. I had to change it on my CDT recently, at a similar mileage. I have a reasonable collection of tools and equipment. It's not an easy job, it took me 4 leisurely weekends, with help and advice from a friend who had done his a while back. I am 63, not as fit as I used to be, and without Mike helping and confirming I was doing things right, (and correcting me when I wasn't), I would have struggled more than I did. But having done it once, I reckon I would find it so much easier the second time. If you don't need a DMF (and mostly they don't,) all under bonnet parts should be less than £150. If you are lucky, and it turns out you only need a mastercylinder, then it should be a lot easier and less costly. If you are fairly handy, and have the space and tools, I'd suggest using the helpful old hands on here, or even better, a willing local owner with experience to help you DIY. BTW, mine was the original clutch, the rivets had worn so far on the driven plate, that the friction material was floating free. Terrible judder on take-off, but no problem with gear-changes or driving at motorway speeds. The thrust bearing fell apart on disassembly too - talk about on its last legs!
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2019, 18:08   #6
respace
Avid contributor

Rover 75

Thanks for all the kind words and suggestions, although sad it's not tragic, my step daughter has returned from Uni with her car, I've just got a motability car for my step son, I bought a classic Fiat just before being made redundant, we have a family van and my wife has a car for work, thus we have 6 vehicles in a space made for 3!
Obviously this isn't the way I would have chosen to free up some space on the drive but it is a start!