Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th February 2020, 22:48   #10771
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
FFS, am I really considering taking out the battery box to look at the ABS modulator plug, it's 10 past 10 and no I don't think I'll bother

I'll get the sat nav out and use that as a speedo I think

Brian

P.S. it's pin 15 and 16 on CO501
Go On. You know you want to. It will all be up and running then. Perhaps.
Old 4th February 2020, 22:56   #10772
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover 75 Tourer View Post
KJ's speedo and other elec gremlins which have been a B>>>> pain in the bum have now cured themselves. Perhaps the threat of a run to a guru in the North East of England and have a T4 stuck somewhere painfull to the car made it sort it's self. Still would have been nice to find the fault.
It's your fault Dick, I'm not going to mention the fact that we were talking about speedo problems last week

It's not the sensor, the new one arrived today, so a wiring or ABS ECU issue.......I've dug out the section of sill to repair the tourer with instead
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spoddle cable.jpg (104.4 KB, 80 views)
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2020, 01:31   #10773
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Gotta love those electronic gremlins.
I filled up with petrol yesterday morning and the guage stayed at 1/4 full where it was before. It stayed there this morning for the drive to work but decided to show the correct 7/8ths full this afternoon. It's not the first time it's done this either. Must have known I fixed my lighting issues last weekend!
Old 5th February 2020, 18:22   #10774
Slaya
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 160+, MG TF 135, Focus 1.6 Zetec

Default Tyres

As I type, the ZT is having some new boots on the front.....hoping the Tyres-on-the-drive guy knows what he is doing - doesn't seem to be the brightest spark...
Slaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2020, 18:27   #10775
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Drove the wife's 75 to see a new customer, the customer turned out to be a total waste of time, and I noticed the wife's car has a wheel bearing howling, there is a dreadful amount of brake judder, and the sills are showing through ginger.

Onto the interior, the door cards have parted company on the rear because of the inner door glass seals having burst, and the door pull handle on the driver's side has a broken spring, and the oval escutcheon on the nearside handle has parted company.

All in all I've had enough really, I'm taking myself out tomorrow to look at a van, and a new car for the wife, and scrapping both the ZT and the 75, the lack of decent parts for these cars and the general build quality issues are depressing.

I'm looking forward to clearing out the accumulated junk from the house required just to keep these old bangers on the road.

Totally fed up, if there is anything anyone wants off them before they go, let me know.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2020, 19:12   #10776
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaya View Post
As I type, the ZT is having some new boots on the front.....hoping the Tyres-on-the-drive guy knows what he is doing - doesn't seem to be the brightest spark...
Hopefully it's not the same guy I had who turned up half hour late because he couldn't follow simple directions then took just 35 mins to change four tyres, scratching three of my alloys in the process...
Old 5th February 2020, 20:50   #10777
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi John. The silver one I have got standing on the drive, I tend to start it up every couple of weeks or so. It has 105,000 miles on it , and the first time I started it up I thought there was something ‘knocking’ low down in the engine bay. I thought it was the big ends. Strange because when I asked my son, If he had heard it while he had it, the answer was no. Since that first time, there has not been any knocking at all. Sigh. Each time I have started it up and let it run for around 15/20 minutes, the temp has brought the the fan on around 105 deg when it has warmed up, it then cycles up and down normal.There has never been a large amount of steam come out of the exhaust, and we have had a lot of damp humid days, and nights here. I cleaned some of the breather pipes out last Sunday and stuck them in more securely than they were, and then I noticed that there is some water in the V below the manifold. So that’s another job to do. I don’t mind because I can have the manifolds off and have a look inside the cam covers for the two Brillo pads, and probably poke the holes out in the covers. I will also get the Solvol Autosol on the cam covers to get them a bit cleaner. Don’t like scruffy engine bays. Always makes me wonder the last time it was serviced, if ever.

Last edited by bl52krz; 5th February 2020 at 20:52..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2020, 21:16   #10778
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

1ST fine day for a long while here,so gave her a good wash,which she needed badly. Could not believe the amount of muck and pine needles that come out from behind chrome central trim.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2020, 21:53   #10779
Slaya
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 160+, MG TF 135, Focus 1.6 Zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRich View Post
Hopefully it's not the same guy I had who turned up half hour late because he couldn't follow simple directions then took just 35 mins to change four tyres, scratching three of my alloys in the process...

The fitting was very quick....15 mins for two tyres, and balancing - including some time taking photos of the car and appeared to be posting online...watched him on my CCTV.

The wheels don't appear to have fallen off yet, so he did something right. Torqued to correct value too.

Will check in daylight tomorrow for damage...

Always dread unknown people doing work on my car...
Slaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2020, 22:19   #10780
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

went to start the 75 today - battery TOTALLY FLAT - my fault as I've not started since well before Christmas, more like late November.

Been using a little Daihatsu Sirion 1.3 auto that a relation was selling for a silly low price, tempting fate but all I do is put petrol in it, oh and refill the washer bottle occasionally - it just keeps going with zero maintenance.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote