Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th October 2014, 22:11   #1
Mikeal1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDT

Default Windows

Hi All,

I recently purchased an Elddis Hurricane XL caravan. I got it for next to nothing.
Although the outside is very faded, previous decals are now completely shot, the inside is very clean and everything works as it should, no leaks or damp anywhere.

The only problem is that someone has tried to brake into it (hence the silly purchase price). In doing so they have damaged 3 windows. Nothing major and still watertight.

I was going to look into replacing the windows and found one of them, but at £70 & P&P I wonder if it is worth it.

I think I could make a makeshift repair to the cracked and chipped windows with a strong clear tape I have. I then thought I could possibly tint the windows to hide the repair.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Plenum spy hole mod, bonnet mod, handbrake mod. New Smiley plate with club website address. LED bulbs fitted throughout, inc glove box and Numberplate, Flipkey, rear parking sensors, rear offside cubby hole cover, 2x extra LED ambient lights in tourer boot, ultimate remote, walnut gear knob, Walnut steering wheel, in-line stat, illuminated sun visors, load cover with dog guard, extra aux and USB sockets in armrest.

Last edited by Mikeal1; 9th October 2014 at 07:08..
Mikeal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2014, 22:15   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Caravan windows are flat normally (I thought), so could you get glass cut and tempered at a regular glazers? I can't imagine the glass being difficult to fit.
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2014, 06:19   #3
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Caravan windows are flat normally (I thought), so could you get glass cut and tempered at a regular glazers? I can't imagine the glass being difficult to fit.
Problem is most caravan windows are double skinned plastic,I have had caravans for over 20 years and never had a glass window,they have all been plastic

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2014, 07:08   #4
Mikeal1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
Problem is most caravan windows are double skinned plastic,I have had caravans for over 20 years and never had a glass window,they have all been plastic
Yes, all plastic, double skinned. The damage is to the very bottom of the windows where they are a thick single skin. Someone has tried to force them open and in turn broken small amounts of the plastic off

Plenum spy hole mod, bonnet mod, handbrake mod. New Smiley plate with club website address. LED bulbs fitted throughout, inc glove box and Numberplate, Flipkey, rear parking sensors, rear offside cubby hole cover, 2x extra LED ambient lights in tourer boot, ultimate remote, walnut gear knob, Walnut steering wheel, in-line stat, illuminated sun visors, load cover with dog guard, extra aux and USB sockets in armrest.
Mikeal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2014, 14:22   #5
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

There are caravan scrappies out there somewhere , but sorry i cant help .
DerekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2014, 15:12   #6
Mark060457
Loves to post

MG ZT 180 + 2.5 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeal1 View Post
Hi All,

I recently purchased an Elddis Hurricane XL caravan. I got it for next to nothing.
Although the outside is very faded, previous decals are now completely shot, the inside is very clean and everything works as it should, no leaks or damp anywhere.

The only problem is that someone has tried to brake into it (hence the silly purchase price). In doing so they have damaged 3 windows. Nothing major and still watertight.

I was going to look into replacing the windows and found one of them, but at £70 & P&P I wonder if it is worth it.

I think I could make a makeshift repair to the cracked and chipped windows with a strong clear tape I have. I then thought I could possibly tint the windows to hide the repair.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Try these people they seem to do everything

http://nationalcaravanbreakers.co.uk/
Old 9th October 2014, 16:17   #7
caravaman0
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer cdt1

Try this link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_od...ndows&_sacat=0
caravaman0 is offline   Reply With Quote