Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th December 2014, 17:59   #1
flying_pig
I believe i can fly

MG ZT-T

Default free diagnostics in Wolverhampton

Once again offering free diagnostics to fellow members as long as you let us do the job regardless how small its not a t4 but launch thats been tested on few 75 and zt models it perfectly communicate with our cars and auto boxes
We are qualified mechanics and few members can confirm that we know what we are doing
As most of you got a second car not necessarily rover mg we also offering this service for other makes and models like Mercedes Audi Vw Skoda Vauxhall Citroen Peugeot we've got full dealer diagnostics
If you just need to diagnose the problem and want to do the job yourself no problem we can do it for a small charge
Regards mike
flying_pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2014, 18:18   #2
Mischief
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

I can attest to Mike's work brilliant bloke..

Need you to drop me a line at some point I'm in need of a bit of advice, the car is making some bad noises but only when it's first started on very cold mornings

John

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My 75's General Information:

• This vehicle was the 49,501st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 in Celestial (Special Metallic) (code: IAI) to be made out of 19 Celestial (Special Metallic) 75s
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2014, 19:17   #3
Anon3
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

I can attest to the quality of work, but I'm sorry Mike, this seems like you're touting for business and it isn't going to go down well with the paid up traders.

Pay the trader's subs and do it properly, imo.

Villa, Stella, Balti.
It's Brummie latin that means, er......

Vis tester available to local V6 owners
Anon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2014, 19:43   #4
drewsta82
Gets stuck in

mg zt-t+ 2.5 v6 177 bhp

I can vouch for mikes work, and I wouldn't hand me keys to anyone else! He is a professional individual who goes.above and beyond the call every time. I would also say IMO that he isn't touting for business as he is offering "free" of charge diagnosis on a whole range of makes and models. So to be honest he hasn't broke any rules. If he was asking for a charge then that would indicate he is a trader... trading his time and equipment for cash, and as no cash is been handed over its free. But this is only my opinion. Merry Christmas and Happy New year
drewsta82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2014, 19:51   #5
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewsta82 View Post
I can vouch for mikes work, and I wouldn't hand me keys to anyone else! He is a professional individual who goes.above and beyond the call every time. I would also say IMO that he isn't touting for business as he is offering "free" of charge diagnosis on a whole range of makes and models. So to be honest he hasn't broke any rules. If he was asking for a charge then that would indicate he is a trader... trading his time and equipment for cash, and as no cash is been handed over its free. But this is only my opinion. Merry Christmas and Happy New year
Not saying that he is a baddie because people say different but - free diagnostics as long as you let us do the job however small - is the same as saying that diagnostics would not be free if you then take the car elsewhere or did the job yourself.

To clarify maybe pay as a trader and there is no mistake, they are a garage after all.
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2014, 19:58   #6
Phil-T4
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T, Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,088 Times in 657 Posts

Considering 95% of diesels have a glow plug relay fault or low fuel pressure fault probably due to the ignition being switched on for too long that would generate a lot of unnecessary work!
Phil-T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2014, 19:59   #7
flying_pig
I believe i can fly

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon3 View Post
I can attest to the quality of work, but I'm sorry Mike, this seems like you're touting for business and it isn't going to go down well with the paid up traders.

Pay the trader's subs and do it properly, imo.
Already paid so done properly this time
Old 28th December 2014, 20:36   #8
flying_pig
I believe i can fly

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-T4 View Post
Considering 95% of diesels have a glow plug relay fault or low fuel pressure fault probably due to the ignition being switched on for too long that would generate a lot of unnecessary work!
We can name few others
Had a Peugeot few weeks ago came diagnosed with a faulty injector and already had a new coil pack that costed him £220 for both . Changed injector that he insisted is faulty but that didnt cure the problem 10 minutes later was running sweet with my old spark plug digged out from my shed
Old 28th December 2014, 20:40   #9
VMax1000
Passed Away

MG ZT260

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_pig View Post
We can name few others
Had a Peugeot few weeks ago came diagnosed with a faulty injector and already had a new coil pack that costed him £220 for both . Changed injector that he insisted is faulty but that didnt cure the problem 10 minutes later was running sweet with my old spark plug digged out from my shed
Why not diagnose for free and let folk decide whether they want the repair or not?

Free diagnostics should be..................free.
Not charged if repaired elsewhere because then the diagnosis is not free anymore.

Semantics, I know, but free should be free
VMax1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2014, 20:48   #10
Anon3
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_pig View Post
Already paid so done properly this time
In which case, I have no problem in saying that you know what you are doing and will put extra effort in, when it comes to getting a result

Villa, Stella, Balti.
It's Brummie latin that means, er......

Vis tester available to local V6 owners
Anon3 is offline   Reply With Quote