Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th February 2015, 12:31   #1
Mikeal1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDT

Default Help? Tourer Rear windscreen

Yesterday I changed my rear screen on my router for one with all de misting lines working.

The only problem is, it's now showing that I have a door openImageUploadedByTapatalk1423056634.485891.jpg all the time.

So this morning I swapped back to my old screen, but the light is still illuminated.

Is there something I should know? An easy fix? Something I should have done before changing?

Thanks in advance

Plenum spy hole mod, bonnet mod, handbrake mod. New Smiley plate with club website address. LED bulbs fitted throughout, inc glove box and Numberplate, Flipkey, rear parking sensors, rear offside cubby hole cover, 2x extra LED ambient lights in tourer boot, ultimate remote, walnut gear knob, Walnut steering wheel, in-line stat, illuminated sun visors, load cover with dog guard, extra aux and USB sockets in armrest.

Last edited by Mikeal1; 4th February 2015 at 13:22..
Mikeal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2015, 12:37   #2
Mikeal1
Posted a thing or two

The screen closes fine, catch catches as it should.

Plenum spy hole mod, bonnet mod, handbrake mod. New Smiley plate with club website address. LED bulbs fitted throughout, inc glove box and Numberplate, Flipkey, rear parking sensors, rear offside cubby hole cover, 2x extra LED ambient lights in tourer boot, ultimate remote, walnut gear knob, Walnut steering wheel, in-line stat, illuminated sun visors, load cover with dog guard, extra aux and USB sockets in armrest.
Old 4th February 2015, 12:42   #3
ashleywood.ash
Loves to post

ZT-T

Although I have never looked at this I suspect as the glass opens separately to the boot they will each have their own sensor. Have checked to loom that connects for damage or a bad connection or even any corrosion?
Wd 40 can be your friend if connection is slightly off, spray a bit on connection and give it a wiggle like we do for airbag light connector
ashleywood.ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2015, 13:25   #4
Mikeal1
Posted a thing or two

I've tried the WD40, the best I can tell everything lines up as it should.
But you may have hit something with the wiring. My back wiper isn't working.

Old 4th February 2015, 14:05   #5
Mikeal1
Posted a thing or two

I've checked all the wiring and can't find any splits. Whilst there I disconnected and reconnected all the plugs. This plugImageUploadedByTapatalk1423062271.126672.jpgmust be for the lock mech, as when I disconnect it the light goes out.
I've cleaned all the plugs but still, the light is there

Old 4th February 2015, 16:15   #6
ashleywood.ash
Loves to post

ZT-T

When you close the glass is the catch closing correctly holding the glass shut. Again I have not looked but I am sure it will be a basic circuit of the boot glass is open then the catch is not touching and breaking the circuit, when the catch closed correctly it completes circuit and light goes out. My next port of call would be to follow that plug wire towards the catch and ensure the catch is operating correctly and securing the boot?
ashleywood.ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2015, 20:13   #7
Mikeal1
Posted a thing or two

Gave up. Removed fuse for interior lights

Old 4th February 2015, 20:15   #8
Mikeal1
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywood.ash View Post
When you close the glass is the catch closing correctly holding the glass shut. Again I have not looked but I am sure it will be a basic circuit of the boot glass is open then the catch is not touching and breaking the circuit, when the catch closed correctly it completes circuit and light goes out. My next port of call would be to follow that plug wire towards the catch and ensure the catch is operating correctly and securing the boot?

It closes as it should. I think every thing is touching as it should, the lock locks and opens fine.
I've been trying for 6 hours, now given up and removed interior light fuse, as the interior lights stay on. I can't lick the car because the alarm sounds after about half hour

Old 6th February 2015, 20:27   #9
Mikeal1
Posted a thing or two

Today the light went off, however, it didn't come on at all, even when the drivers door was open.
Then it came on,
Now it's off again.
Bullonks!!!!

Old 6th February 2015, 21:18   #10
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Thread moved to appropriate forum. Re-direct left in old.

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote