Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th February 2018, 19:16   #111
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool The weather has put a block.........................

............................... On the house hunting. Will need a snowplough soon.
The mortgage provider, the one the the buyer is using, apparently have been trying to contact me. Well, I haven't moved, still here. I think they have been given the wrong phone number, not by me by the way.

I've been in contact with the buyers Dad who has told me the business about the mortgage provider. Anyway I have passed on my landline number as well, hopefully they will contact me in due course.

So as I've not been venturing out I have started packing away my extensive model car/plane/train and ship collection. Spent 6 hours boxing them up today, and not even half way through. But some of the collection has brought back many a memory. Val bought me quite a few rarities which I'll be keeping for a few years yet.

Naturally enough there is a large MG ZT collection plus a few MG SV's and Lola MG's. There is a MG ZR saloon and a MG Express in the making. That's without the Roils-Royce collection, some very rarities in amongst this lot.
Jaguar XJ 220's are another collection with a few rare ones all in 1/12th scale. We have two East Midland police cars, plus a one Grampian Police car, one of only 99 made. And one in kit form, waiting to be built.

The two 1/8th scale Lamborghini's will be taken down, when the time comes, by me to there new home.

Running out of room to store the boxes. Might have to think about renting some storage down the West Country. Once the snow melts.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 20:35   #112
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
............................... On the house hunting. Will need a snowplough soon.
The mortgage provider, the one the the buyer is using, apparently have been trying to contact me. Well, I haven't moved, still here. I think they have been given the wrong phone number, not by me by the way.

I've been in contact with the buyers Dad who has told me the business about the mortgage provider. Anyway I have passed on my landline number as well, hopefully they will contact me in due course.

So as I've not been venturing out I have started packing away my extensive model car/plane/train and ship collection. Spent 6 hours boxing them up today, and not even half way through. But some of the collection has brought back many a memory. Val bought me quite a few rarities which I'll be keeping for a few years yet.

Naturally enough there is a large MG ZT collection plus a few MG SV's and Lola MG's. There is a MG ZR saloon and a MG Express in the making. That's without the Roils-Royce collection, some very rarities in amongst this lot.
Jaguar XJ 220's are another collection with a few rare ones all in 1/12th scale. We have two East Midland police cars, plus a one Grampian Police car, one of only 99 made. And one in kit form, waiting to be built.

The two 1/8th scale Lamborghini's will be taken down, when the time comes, by me to there new home.

Running out of room to store the boxes. Might have to think about renting some storage down the West Country. Once the snow melts.
MG Lola

I got my T shirt on tonight Bob

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2018, 10:12   #113
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Looks like I have reached "The Chance Saloon"..................

.................................... I have today got yet another estate agent coming at 16.30 to give me a valuation on the flat as a one bedroomed flat instead of two.

I have said all the way along it has only one bedroom although it was built with two. The last straw came when, as I thought, the new buyers mortgage provider finally got through to me to arrange a viewing on the 5th March at 17.00. So I carried on packing. At about 16.00 on the day the mortgage provider phoned to say that the visit was cancelled as the buyer had withdrawn there application. What? News to me.

So I phoned the buyers Dad, he said that it was all in hand. There had been a slight mix up over the application for a mortgage on the 2 bedroomed flat as the mortgage provider had learnt, from other sources, that my flat only had one bedroom. I said well that was true. But the buyer had requested a mortgage for 2 bedrooms.

So it dragged on and on. Finally on Tuesday 13th I was informed by the buyers dad that they were unable to secure a mortgage and it would be best if I put back up for sale via the agents.
I was livid, not helping as I was a tad unwell, at what he said. Brought me very close to tears. I said that I had taken it off of the market at the request of his ex-wife. So many promises that have turned out to be empty. His ex-wife won't answer the phone to me.

So many dreams destroyed over one phone call.
I considered getting a builder in to convert the flat back but the cost and the thought of all the upheaval would be too much for me to bear. I would never be able to recover the cost and then I would definitely not want to move.

So today is the visit to "The Chance Saloon".

onen hag oll
Old 16th March 2018, 10:25   #114
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Buying or selling is a nightmare Bob, my daughter is in the same situation as you and she is buying all funds in place but problems with the lease is dragging things on to the point where her mortage offer expires.
It will all get sorted you have come this far don't be thinking of giving up now.
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2018, 10:33   #115
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Its funny some houses seem to take ages to go through from sale to owners moving out. The last one in the family took over a year and yet someone else I know from offer to moving in was 6 weeks.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2018, 11:48   #116
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Bad news, Bob - I hope things go more smoothly in the future.

Buying and selling property can be a nightmare!

I remember the first house that I "bought" for us to move into, just after getting married.

As considerable expense, it got to the final exchange, when the seller turned around said that he had changed his mind.
No reason was given.

Got married and we ended up living in a caravan, whilst we started looking again from scratch.

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2018, 12:29   #117
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Taking them with me as there is bound to be something I cannot find.
Have you marked each box with what’s in them,

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2018, 13:42   #118
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
Have you marked each box with what’s in them,

Rev
Yes, each box is marked with a list contents and what room they came from.
There are another 33 boxes packed and all ready to go. That's without what is in the loft.

onen hag oll
Old 16th March 2018, 16:28   #119
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Been given a lifeline.........................

.................................. From the Estage Agent who came today. A totally different person to deal with. Completely down to earth, no mincing his words. Yes, it is a one bedroom flat and should be marketed that way.

Just need to run his guideline prices past my brother-in-law. So we maybe back on course.

onen hag oll
Old 16th March 2018, 22:57   #120
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
.................................. From the Estage Agent who came today. A totally different person to deal with. Completely down to earth, no mincing his words. Yes, it is a one bedroom flat and should be marketed that way.

Just need to run his guideline prices past my brother-in-law. So we maybe back on course.
Ebest of luck Bob