Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th January 2018, 16:16   #31
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Watch yourself getting stuff out of the loft Bob. When we moved a few years ago I did my shoulder getting heavy stuff down, twisted it awkwardly and did something to the joint. Any heavy lifting, especially above shoulder height, sets it off again and because the damage is in the joint painkillers don't help.
Even shifting the stuff around up there has been fun. The loft has a good floor but even so the amount of stuff to come down is amazing. I've managed to sort out bits that I will be keeping, then there is the eBay stuff, some bits that can go to the charity shop and finally the rubbish.

Will continue sorting it all out on Wednesday. And the EPC people are coming on Wednesday as well.

Being taken out tomorrow for my belated birthday dinner by my lovely niece.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2018, 16:21   #32
elroy
I really should get out more.......

MG ZTT

Thanked 1,158 Times in 643 Posts

enjoy the meal Bob, and all the best with your move
elroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 13:27   #33
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Stage 3 completed today.

Had the chap come to measure the ECP ratings, and the professional photographer turned up the same time. One was early and t'other was late. But they knew one and other and managed to work round ok.
The man from ECP was impressed with my model car collection, and when I uncovered the two Lamborghini's I thought he was going to have a seizure.

The photographer just took it all in his stride, minus his shoes. For some obscure reason he takes better pictures without his shoes on. They both then went outside, the photographer put his shoes back on, and took photo's of the flat. Front, rear and side.

The solicitor's have been in contact. So the ball is well and truly rolling now.
Am I having second thoughts? Well no actually, for once it appears my mind is well and truly on the right track. Really starting to get a buzz from all of this.

I told my brother-in-law, and my niece, yesterday my news. They were both quite shocked about my decision but very happy for me. Laura my niece could not stop hugging me and constantly telling me how proud Val would have been. A couple of times the memories rolled down my cheeks.

We had a lovely meal at the Orange Tree on Totteridge Common. My brother-in-law, Michael, insisted on paying. Thank goodness tor that as the meal came to the equivalent of filling the Bear up at least twice, Banana once and Redfive with the odd change.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 17th January 2018 at 13:29.. Reason: Spellin'
Old 17th January 2018, 13:30   #34
actros
Subscribed Member

20lt 75conny se Damson red

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Had the chap come to measure the ECP ratings, and the professional photographer turned up the same time. One was early and t'other was late. But they knew one and other and managed to work round ok.
The man from ECP was impressed with my model car collection, and when I uncovered the two Lamborghini's I thought he was going to have a seizure.

The photographer just took it all in his stride, minus his shoes. For some obscure reason he takes better pictures without his shoes on. They both then went outside, the photographer put his shoes back on, and took photo's of the flat. Front, rear and side.

The solicitor's have been in contact. So the ball is well and truly rolling now.
Am I having second thoughts? Well no actually, for once it appears my mind is well and truly on the right track. Really starting to get a buzz from all of this.

I told my brother-in-law, and my niece, yesterday my news. They were both quite shocked about my decision but very happy for me. Laura my niece could not stop hugging me and constantly telling me how proud Val would have been. A couple of times the memories rolled down my cheeks.

We had a lovely meal at the Orange Tree on Totteridge Common. My brother-in-law, Michael, insisted on paying. Thank goodness tor that as the meal came to the equivalent of filling the Bear up at least twice, Banana once and Redfive with the odd change.
Love your stories Bob.
Old 17th January 2018, 16:59   #35
NigelOBB
This is my second home

04 Rover 75 Contemporary SE - 53 Rover 75 Connoisseur -94 Mercedes W140 - 72 VW Beetle 1300

Good luck Bob,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you've been up to.

NigelOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 18:32   #36
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

All the best Bob, its all sounding very positive for you.

Keep posting, and I'll keep reading.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 11:22   #37
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Got my first viewing tomorrow................................

.................................................. .. But first I had to read and take in the questions I had to answer from the solicitor's. Must have been nearly 40 pages of questions, most went over my head. So I fired up the printer and connected the lap top and printed them all off. Found the paperwork that they wanted copies of. Once that was done I poured myself a large malt.
Will take the paperwork to the a Estate Agents and ask them to help me with the questions.

Earlier in the day I got a lot of boxes down from the loft of the stuff that I want to sell, my good friend Emma is going to sell it all on my behalf, or dump it if she feels it's not worth much.
So with the boxes down and into the hall I started sorting through some of it. But put that idea on hold as dinner time was approaching. So with the nose bag out of the way, and the solictor's paperwork printed off, I sat down and continued to sort through the boxes, with the help of another malt.

Storm? What storm? Best nights kip I've had for a long time. Once up, showered, dressed and a spot of breakfast I was off down to the Estate Agents where the manager, David, sat me down and proceeded to fill out all the paperwork for me. I just had to sign and date each section. Brilliant help, I could not have done without his help. The only item I had not brought me was a copy of my bank statement, so whilst I toddled off to the bank to get a copy he scanned all the forms.

Once I was back he went through all the forms again to double check, then my mobile rang. It was one of the agents in the office phoning me to confirm my first viewing. She could hear a mobile ringing, David said to me just to play along then whilst replying to her walk over to her desk. Laugh! They have a grand sense of humour.
Then David put all the forms into a envelope, put the correct postage stamps on and then went and outside and popped the envelope into the post box.
Now that's what I call excellent service.

Well, at least the flat is nice and clean for my first viewing tomorrow. I figured out how to empty the vacuum cleaner, judging by what was in there it was possibly the first time I had emptied it.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 18th January 2018 at 11:23.. Reason: Spellin'
Old 18th January 2018, 11:36   #38
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Great stuff Bob, I wish you well with the sale and the future, big steps.

I have decided that due to the amount of stuff in my loft and garage, I haven't got enough years left to sort them, so I've bequeathed it all to my son and daughter, they don't seem impressed.

Sorting those boxes, could lead to some other plans for the future, good luck.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 11:38   #39
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Great stuff Bob, I wish you well with the sale and the future, big steps.

I have decided that due to the amount of stuff in my loft and garage, I haven't got enough years left to sort them, so I've bequeathed it all to my son and daughter, they don't seem impressed.

Sorting those boxes, could lead to some other plans for the future, good luck.

Hi Fred on another subject how is your back, better I hope.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 12:02   #40
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
Hi Fred on another subject how is your back, better I hope.

Rev
Thanks Jules, improving, but Bob should be careful as it's so easy to "over-reach" ones abilities.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote