Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th April 2011, 00:53   #21
stevemac
This is my second home

Jaguar X Type 2.2D Estate

I had no intention of insulting Heather and my original post was a polite clarification of her statement. However I do like things to be truthful and looking at the posts it appears that the first mention of a local Yorkshire meet was by Tatts in April 2007. It also appears that Gryphon attended this meet. Of course it is entirely possible that an earlier meet was organised but this did not come up on a forum search. However Garry received his dreadful diagnosis on the 22 November 2007 and posted the news the following day. So at the end of the day the club knew about Garry's predicament almost as soon as he did and it did not come from a meet but bravely from the man himself. I do not feel I need to appolgise to Heather and as to whether I am a gentleman, I am not really qualified to answer that.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
Winnie-the-Pooh

stevemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 12:45   #22
timbop6wife
Gets stuck in

passenger in rover 75

Yes Tatts did suggest it way back in May 2007, but it fell flat in the water, I then organised the one in November, which was the first yorkshire meet, which Im quite sure some of the original members will confirm, I did it under Tims name at that time as I used Tims name until I opened my own account as members were confused who they were talking to,
Thats where the photo was taken,which included Gryphon, which Tim and I then had framed and handed to Jayne at the first presentation of the Gryphon award,
Old 20th April 2011, 16:31   #23
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

As can be seen, the discussion spanning multiple threads has been concentrated here now in this. The POL 2012 thread has no connection to your issues Heather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbop6wife View Post
....I was told quite bluntly by a mod in a pm,when the regional secretarys came about that is was not my place to do the organising anymore,
the nanos at your place are different I presume, as its in your place, but when I get told by a mod its not my place to organise the yorkie meets anymore Im obviously not going to do it....
For the record, any member of the club is free to hold their own gathering or meet, you do not need to wait for an RS to act or organise it. They are there to be of service if they can be in helping promote and or co-ordinate interest in the meet within their patch.

This has always been the case, and I am unaware of any of the moderators telling you that you couldn't. If you would like to PM me with the name of the mod in question, I will see that we all sing from the same hymn sheet in future.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 20:44   #24
johnwh74
Posted a thing or two

mg zt & Bmw 528i

Quote:
The nanos at Andys werent organised by Brian.
Incorrect. The initial idea was run through Brian as he is the RS, myself and Andy organised the thread and the meet due to the garage work involved as work needed to be booked in for jobs ie, tracking, ramp work and tyre ordering. Something Brian wouldn't of been able to do

Quote:
'

that unfortunately was done a long time ago with no reply, !!!!
although he was reading this thread a few minutes ago and didnt even comment, so you need to draw your own conclusions on whether one will be organised, I cant do it on this forum, after being told by one mod its not my place, but then another says I can, Im not starting to organise one for the thread to be deleted,
So Brian over to you, youre the only one on this forum that can organise the yorkie meert at Thryburgh, as youre the secretary
A refresher pm to the RS and then if no reply then a pm to one of the moderators with your concern would of been more appropriate rather than just baiting him openly on the forum
Old 20th April 2011, 21:23   #25
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwh74 View Post
A refresher pm to the RS and then if no reply then a pm to one of the moderators with your concern would of been more appropriate rather than just baiting him openly on the forum
i agree with the above . makes a lot of sense to of tried that first rather than this

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 22:28   #26
Eljay55
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTI Auto Connoisseur se tourer 55 reg in Primer!

I don't think you will get a reply guys as Said person has said openly posted on the community site that they will never post on this site again as they feel insulted.

Graham

mods so far:
Synergy2 and peirberg maf
EGR bypass
Crofts door finishers
Tow bar and twin electrics

Eljay55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 10:24   #27
stevemac
This is my second home

Jaguar X Type 2.2D Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgie66 View Post
I don't think you will get a reply guys as Said person has said openly posted on the community site that they will never post on this site again as they feel insulted.

Graham
and still contends that the Gryphon award would never have happened had it not been for the Yorkie meets despite proof to the contrary.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
Winnie-the-Pooh

stevemac is offline   Reply With Quote