Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th June 2018, 18:26   #1
m2n
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2004 Contemporary SE 2.5 Auto

Default I will be their worst nightmare......

So the council had decided to resurface the road leading into mine... Kind of.... All they done was fill in the craters and sinkholes and leave tons of loose chippings. So now I have to drive at -1 mph and the stones still fly up off the wheels doing god knows what to my R75.. Yesterday an articulated lorry decided to drive by at Mach 4 and shower my car with meteorites.
Mad...me...angry.... me no I am f****** furious. Lorry driver was polish and disappeared without stopping. I hope the road workers come back so I can rip their souls out and shove them up their a********.
She was the: 103,715th 75 to run off production line, out of 112,381
She was the: 382nd 75 2.5 V6 Contemporary SE to be made out of 686
She was the: 1,415th 75 in Firefrost Red (code CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75's
m2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 18:46   #2
steve1975
Banned

rover 75 saloon

I feel your pain,same thing happened to me.
steve1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 18:56   #3
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Best of luck with that one Mike

The local council contracted the resurfacing (if you can call it that) of the road I live on to an outfit called Colas.

The surface dressing is what they referred to as microasphalt, basically a cold emulsion of black cack, with little pebbles in the mix, which in the case of the oafs who spread this junk all over the road outside the house in torrential rain, doesn't adhere to the road deck.

This is something I tend to sweep up every few weeks, and fill a wheelbarrow just to prevent having the side of my car pebbledashed by every other car passing by, and the gutters and gulleys becoming choked.

Letters of complaint to the council resulted in not even an highways engineer calling to inspect, and one year on the weeds are poking though the surface...........I wonder who got the brown envelope on this particular contract

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 19:14   #4
m2n
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2004 Contemporary SE 2.5 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post

The local council contracted the resurfacing (if you can call it that) of the road I live on to an outfit called Colas.

The surface dressing is what they referred to as microasphalt, basically a cold emulsion of black cack, with little pebbles in the mix, which in the case of the oafs who spread this junk all over the road outside the house in torrential rain, doesn't adhere to the road deck.

This is something I tend to sweep up every few weeks, and fill a wheelbarrow just to prevent having the side of my car pebbledashed by every other car passing by, and the gutters and gulleys becoming choked.

Letters of complaint to the council resulted in not even an highways engineer calling to inspect, and one year on the weeds are poking though the surface...........I wonder who got the brown envelope on this particular contract

Brian

I will make sure that their guide dogs have drinking water next time they visit....
She was the: 103,715th 75 to run off production line, out of 112,381
She was the: 382nd 75 2.5 V6 Contemporary SE to be made out of 686
She was the: 1,415th 75 in Firefrost Red (code CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75's
m2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 19:15   #5
paul d
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Saab 93 'vert

Quote:

Brian

Goes to show how stupid some councils are. Colas are to intents and purposes a RAIL company,
Old 4th June 2018, 19:21   #6
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

It's all about the money. Whoever puts in the cheapest price, gets the contract regardless of the quality. If the council gets too many complaints they just pass the buck onto the contractors.
Old 4th June 2018, 19:25   #7
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul d View Post

Goes to show how stupid some councils are. Colas are to intents and purposes a RAIL company,
Take a look at the blurb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=DjmIegCD7eg

Let's just say it doesn't live up to the glossy brochure
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 19:31   #8
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

It's all spray and spread here in Norfolk. Chippings everywhere! Thinking of buying shares in a windscreen and respray company!
Old 4th June 2018, 20:15   #9
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:

Brian
Why haven't you contact your local county councillor to come and have a look and ask him / her to have the matter addressed with the head of Highways.

Every time over the last six years since being elected if I have noticed a road problem or whenever I have been contacted by a local resident with a problem I have immediately contacted the Head of Highways for my local authority asked for a site meeting with him or one of his senior officers and got deficiencies sorted out. (that unfortunately doesn't mean that every single pothole has been filled on the spot due to budgetary restrictions ) but every major one and most of the minor ones and any other road surface or other Highways issues have been sorted in reasonably short order sometimes I have to refer back if I think that an isssue is taking to long to be dealt with but They all get done in my experience

Thats what councilors are for, although of course I can't vouch for your local councillors or your council.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 20:35   #10
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

The loose road chippings were the culprit for a nice brand new golf ball sized / shaped crack in the gold saloon windscreen on Friday.😡
Then came home to find the silver saloon sitting low on the passenger side - broken spring.😩
I’d left it at me Mam’s, with the intention of getting its windscreen replaced. The frost done it in ( had a slight chip in it since I owned it).
That’s one for repair and one for replacement now.😤

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote