Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th March 2010, 23:14   #11
g-mac
Gets stuck in

ZT 190+

ohh the temptations of lowering, would be very uncomfotable though
air ride would be ideal!
g-mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 23:21   #12
south bank
Avid contributor

2004 Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE Saloon (Pre-Facelift)

I've always liked the look of a lowered 75/, but I couldn't do it because of the kerb leading to my drive. I think the nose heaviness of diesel models makes the front look slightly dropped when you see them drive, therefore a bit more butch. Now a lowered V8... that would look plain evil. When I'm rich ...
south bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 23:24   #13
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
It looks as though it has at least two broken springs, and can no longer be parked toward a kerb for fear of damage to the front bumper, And in the area I live in, even without it's mud flaps, it would not be able to go down many side roads without grounding on sleeping policemen..

It either looks as though it has 4 broken springs or none.And as it's not my daily driver i can avoid speed bumps on the whole while benefiting from far superior handling on smooth twisty roads.

Quote:

IMO lowering an Exec type of car always makes the car looked damaged, you can get away with it on a hot hatch, but not on a large saloon car like a Rover 75..

I think Jaguar,BMW,Mercedes,Audi and Saab etc would beg to differ.I don't think the people who drive those would accept having their teeth shattered when tootling along yet the gap in the wheel arch is minimal.It was looking at those cars that made me realize that comfort needn't be sacraficed.

Quote:

Still -- it's all in the eye of the beholder I guess.. Good photoshop work though..
Exactly,i don't expect it to be to everyones taste but i just wanted to give people an idea of how it would look
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 23:33   #14
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-mac View Post
would be very uncomfotable though
The pic's are probably a slight exageration of how low it will actually be,don't forget it's only an impression.

Many Jags,BMW's,Merc's etc are that low and i never hear of any complaints about comfort in those.
Old 8th March 2010, 23:46   #15
g-mac
Gets stuck in

ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
The pic's are probably a slight exageration of how low it will actually be,don't forget it's only an impression.

Many Jags,BMW's,Merc's etc are that low and i never hear of any complaints about comfort in those.
i know i own i 73 jaguar xj6, but they are built to look low, the zts suspension is already very hard, i know of one other local zt lowered with extreme hard ride experience, Jaguar etc have a far superior suspension factory fitted., waas the bmw a straight swap? id be interested in trying it out
g-mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 00:05   #16
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-mac View Post
i know i own i 73 jaguar xj6, but they are built to look low, the zts suspension is already very hard, i know of one other local zt lowered with extreme hard ride experience, Jaguar etc have a far superior suspension factory fitted.,
I don't have ZT suspension though,i'll be fitting Eibach Pro springs which are designed to work with OEM dampers and retain ride comfort through their progressive design.

I accept that the ride is bound to be firmer to some degree..
Old 9th March 2010, 07:21   #17
GERFIX
I really should get out more.......

MINI COOPER S

I think that looks right smart!! I just hope your ride doesn't suffer too much.

GERFIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 08:22   #18
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
It looks as though it has at least two broken springs, and can no longer be parked toward a kerb for fear of damage to the front bumper, And in the area I live in, even without it's mud flaps, it would not be able to go down many side roads without grounding on sleeping policemen..

IMO lowering an Exec type of car always makes the car looked damaged, you can get away with it on a hot hatch, but not on a large saloon car like a Rover 75..

Still -- it's all in the eye of the beholder I guess.. Good photoshop work though..
was gonna say it looks like it is broken but james beat me to it .it dont look right lowered ,there are set at that hieight for a reason ...
Old 9th March 2010, 08:27   #19
GERFIX
I really should get out more.......

MINI COOPER S

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyboy View Post
set at that hieight for a reason ...
Yes, for optimum comfort. Presumably anyone going through the lowering process knows up front that doing so is going to affect comfort adversley. And by definition, someone lowering a car is not after optimum comfort (IMHO) but a certain stance and possibly an improvement in handling although the latter is very often debatable.

GERFIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 08:45   #20
capese21
This is my second home

MG ZTT 180 Sports Auto.

Why not just sell your lovely 75 and buy a ZT? Why ruin a 75 with lowered suspension? It is designed for Comfort and looks great as it is!!

The ZT is a very different car and sounds although it would be more suitable for you. I had a 75 before my present ZT and both are fantastic cars but also very different.

Trying to make one into the other imho never works just looks odd. It looks like you have fittes ZT wheels to and low profile tyres which also look odd on a 75. Some correct 75 wheels with 55 section tyres would loose some of the gap you refer to.

But at the end of it it is your car to do with what you want.....

Last edited by capese21; 9th March 2010 at 08:52..
capese21 is offline   Reply With Quote