Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th December 2006, 08:29   #1
Doh

Default Mpg?

Hi Guys, i'm toying with the idea of getting a ZT260 i'm interested in what sort of MPG figures your all getting? i do a 70 mile round trip to work and back, 80% of which is motorway...

oh and before everyone says if your worried about economy get a diesel, i've already got one! and i hate it and i'm nw stranger to V8's ive got 2 others

I did see there was a buying guide mentioned in PPC, had a hunt for it yesterday but couldn't find it anywhere? can anyone scan the article?

also any other info would be useful, parts? service? etc etc

i'm also thinking LPG might be a good idea - any comments appriecated

Cheers all
Doh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 11:58   #2
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

I asked all those sorts of questions as well then thought NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- it and bought one I test drove 6 though so go and drive a few, clutch is heavyish and is probably the most noticeable thing to consider if in nose to tail traffic

MPG 15-25 depending on journey and right foot
Nowt wrong with the Diesel I like them both or is yours not a 75?

Parts are not a problem at all although a few item are unique to the car and therefore a bit overpriced

Go and read through the threads here
http://forums.xpowerforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155

and useful collection of info here
http://www.spunagain.co.uk/
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 17:52   #3
Scarlet Fever
Avid contributor

ZT 260 (#27 of 217)

Yep, i return on average 21 miles per gallon, this seems to be par for the course.
ZT 260 - #27
Scarlet Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2006, 08:18   #4
Doh

thanks for the replies guys, i'll check out the links

good news on the parts, i was actualy thinking of trying to find a new one if possible i notice there are a few kicking about still.

my diesel is a VW sorry for the confusion

low 20's was the sort of figure i was expecting really... with LPG that would be effectively close to 40
Doh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2006, 23:34   #5
pmessling
Posted a thing or two

TVR

the moment i test drove one from my zr 1.4 i had to have it lol, and five months down the line still love the feel of my 260 and the best part is i'm only 24
pmessling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 11:45   #6
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

well I've had mine for something like 1400 miles and im only getting 17.5-18 mpg on each fill up...
I was hoping to make around 20, but it seems thats not to be with the driving I do( quite short trips) I'm sure with the length of your trips, and the motorway percentage you will do much much better...

Now I probably cant afford to run this car, but I'm going to have a damn good try....
I figured over the next couple of budgets our 'luuuuuverly chancellor' will be canning the fuel, so if I didn't buy one now, I'd never buy one ...
So it's bought and paid for and if the S**t hits the fan I figure if I take a £3-4k loss in a year I'll look at it as the experience.....and do the 1.4D thing(yeah right )

Anyway....Mine bounces like was mentioned above(very firm suspension I mean, you feel EVERY bump) but though the missus and boy feel them too, they havent complained so its not an issue

If I'm honest the tunnel is far too intrusive for someone of my size (lets just say I'm a big fella but I'm not tall and have a cowboy gait )

BUT....

I didn't drive the car at all Christmas day, and Boxing Day....Had to drive to work on nights the day after, and I hadn't even travelled the first two city miles of my 13 mile journey, and I was saying to myself 'Boy I love this car' I'm soo glad I made the leap

While I've allways been a car nut(not the tinkering kind) and I did have a special relationship with my departed 2.5 V6 Ghia-x Mondy, I used to snigger just a little when the 'soul' of a car was mentioned...

I DON'T SNIGGER ANY MORE

Nick.
NOCTURNAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2007, 01:44   #7
Countach
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T 190

guys,
the less mpg you do, the more an LPG Conversion is worth doing (No I'm not a share holder )

I'd love an MG ZTT 260, but the first thing I'd do (once I'd done a few corners) is get an LPG conversion.

Countach
Countach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2007, 07:41   #8
anglaslt
Loves to post

R75 V8 and XPower SV-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countach View Post
guys,
the less mpg you do, the more an LPG Conversion is worth doing (No I'm not a share holder )

I'd love an MG ZTT 260, but the first thing I'd do (once I'd done a few corners) is get an LPG conversion.

Countach
My experience of LPG is only positve. I'll not convert the V8 because on the mileage I do I could not justify the cost. If thinking of buying a V8 to convert to LPG just remember there's no spare wheel space, so a tank over the rear axle is the only option. The plus points are a bigger 90 litre tank and better weight distribution. The downside is a smaller boot (but still adequate for most needs) and it rather rules out a ZT-T.
Tom

The Two Sixties - It's a LHD V8 thing too......................

SV Club supports all Ford powered MGs......................... Membership Number 112
anglaslt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2007, 09:47   #9
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Are there any rules re LPG tank replacement and its proximity to the Battery?
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2007, 11:14   #10
sojourner

Default Mpg

I seem to get between 18 and 20 mpg on each tank. On motorway runs it's higher, but still never reaches high20s over a ful tank. A great and soulful car if you can afford to run it, and cheap at the moment for omething so special.

Only other thing is don't expect it to be that fast 9depending where you've come from) as standard.

All the best,

Mike.
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote