Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st February 2021, 23:33   #12401
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Just a simple swap out of drivers door mirror for a new one that heats up. Now gets nice and toasty as it should
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2021, 17:32   #12402
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

Trying my best to avoid a string of pot holes on my way home from work and I manage to drop the front offside into a colosseum of a hole!! Bang goes the suspension and now I have an outward dint in the top of my (was) perfect bonnet!!!!!

No spring issues but what the hell is that all about!!!!! The up ward travel on the shock was so much the top of the strut has managed to reach the underside of my lovely bonnet and now it has nice juicy Zit right above the strut!!!

Oh well,,,,, it’s only money!!!

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2021, 18:32   #12403
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clickernick View Post
Trying my best to avoid a string of pot holes on my way home from work and I manage to drop the front offside into a colosseum of a hole!! Bang goes the suspension and now I have an outward dint in the top of my (was) perfect bonnet!!!!!

No spring issues but what the hell is that all about!!!!! The up ward travel on the shock was so much the top of the strut has managed to reach the underside of my lovely bonnet and now it has nice juicy Zit right above the strut!!!

I would carefully check your wheels and tyres, i recently 'fell' into a drain with a displaced cover, killed two tyres (one nearly new), bent both rims badly, one of which was also cracked by the impact (all damage on the inside of the wheels and tyres, showed on damage on the outside) - luckily sustained no bonnet damage and on inspection found the front spring ok and n/s rear upper arm straight and in good order.
Once the wheels were repaired an fitted with new tyres, then had to have the tracking set as it was knocked way out (the n/s track rod was found to be bent).
Hope that helps, Paul.
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2021, 09:17   #12404
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Quote:

Might be worth finding out if the hole had been reported.

If it has then you may get some compensation.

A good friend of mine got a completely new motorbike when they hit a known & reported hole in pouring rain. It looked like a wet road - but wasn't. Fortunately not much personal injury but it totalled the forks/headstock/frame - et voila, new bike.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2021, 12:41   #12405
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

Quote:

Well,,, as usual it gets worse,, the spring IS broken ( clanging all the way to work) which is why the rubber bush in the top mount appears to be moving up and down a lot more than the near side,, hence why the strut hit the under side of the bonnet.
So,, it’s two new springs. Two new complete top mounts and while we’re at it at 73,000 miles, most likely new struts to make it a proper 3 course meal!!!

Then there’s the issue of repairing the bonnet!!! 🧐🧐🧐

😩😩 It’s only moneyyyy!!! 😩😩

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2021, 13:56   #12406
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Telephoned the scrap man to come and collect them

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2021, 20:12   #12407
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Telephoned the scrap man to come and collect them

Brian
I never said what my side job is, did I
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2021, 12:43   #12408
Thunderbolt
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T+ 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
Stripped the washer pump motor down.

I think I have found out the problem.
Fixed this.
Old 26th February 2021, 13:10   #12409
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

Default Mot

Not the mg but took the tank for the mot and passed with no advisories, not bad for a 21 year old ford.

Stan
Old 26th February 2021, 23:20   #12410
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Today I cleaned the plenum and rodded the drain tubes, carried out the spy hole mod and changed the pollen filter on the ZT-T, the filter was absolutely filthy and obviously hasn't been changed for ages, was good to see the plenum nice and dry with no signs of tide marks.
Whilst cleaning the plenum noticed a coiled up loom with a small white two pin connector next to the BBUS, any ideas what that would be for?
Reassembled the scuttle panel and fitted a set of new scuttle clips procured from Rimmer brothers to replace the very faded original items.
After checking the under bonnet levels, waited for the sat nav to power down and disconnected the battery for half an hour in an attempt to correct the confused trip computer (range counting down by the minute until it reaches zero, then jumps to 999 miles range and starts counting down again - never seen 900 plus miles range on the 190 before).
Reconnected the battery and went for a quick drive - seems to have done the job, unfortunately only shows 128 miles range, need to pop to the petrol station tomorrow and fill up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0646.jpg (142.5 KB, 15 views)
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote