Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th February 2021, 16:41   #12421
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hst125 View Post
Copy that
In the morning light my car looked worse than yesterday. I’d been using Meguiars over the last few years on my campers, to great effect, but found it was not so good on clearcoat/pearlescent.
Went to Halfords and picked up 1L of AutoGlym super resin which I first started using 30+ years ago.
And guess what again? It’s still the best for metallic paint. Really deep shine and eliminated the swirl marks. £13.99 for a litre so great value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tend to prefer the Meguiars polish, I use their ultimate wax, I've never really been a fan of Auto-Glym, I tend to find their polish is very chalky and particularly if you've got very small stones chips then it leaves a white residue which is difficult get rid off.

I do like their bumper gel which works well and their glass polish, which I did the inside and the outside of the glass on the ZT with yesterday.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2021, 22:29   #12422
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

The bumper gel is good for the black panels at the edges of the doors also, and the backs of the door mirrors, unless they are chrome of course.lol��
Old 1st March 2021, 14:31   #12423
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Took my scrap to the tip, then cleaned the boot of all the bits that dropped off en route! Thank heaven for my plastic mat! Gone are the days of cashing it in for a bit of spending money!!!! (:
Old 1st March 2021, 18:38   #12424
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clickernick View Post
Well,,, as usual it gets worse,, the spring IS broken ( clanging all the way to work) which is why the rubber bush in the top mount appears to be moving up and down a lot more than the near side,, hence why the strut hit the under side of the bonnet.
So,, it’s two new springs. Two new complete top mounts and while we’re at it at 73,000 miles, most likely new struts to make it a proper 3 course meal!!!

Then there’s the issue of repairing the bonnet!!! 🧐🧐🧐

😩😩 It’s only moneyyyy!!! 😩😩
Well,,, finally got to jack her up and remove the road wheel to give it all a good coat of looking at,,, and would you believe it the spring is fully intact, no apparent damage to any components,,,,BUT,,,, i have discovered that the clown who replaced the offside spring at some point left of the bump stop cupped washer off when reassembling and the shouldered top of the strut is up within the mount rubber, this is why i now have bonnet damage!!!!!!

Rimmers have none and ebay seems devoid of the required washer.
Can anyone help me in this hour of need with an old spare or point in the direction of an alternative?? Does the Land Rover part RYK500200 fit???

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2021, 19:46   #12425
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

On the ZT-T today I removed the front bumper and slam panel, stripped, cleaned and lubricated the bonnet catches, fitted new release cables, polished the headlights and reassembled (after testing the front lights, horn and bonnet switch).
Removed the security wheel bolts and fitted new items from DMGRS - if anyone wants some original security wheel bolts and key (no.12) for free, let me know and I will post them off to you. I will be Changing the security bolts on the 75 soon (again a no.12 key), so they will be available soon if anyone wants them.
Fitted a set of new shiny bolt covers to the wheel nuts (hairpin wheels), looks so much better now - amazing how small details make such a difference!
Whilst moving the car on the drive noticed the outside temperature display read -30, did i read somewhere this is normal and will rectify itself after a period of time?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0649.jpg (139.4 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by bsafly; 1st March 2021 at 20:04..
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2021, 21:00   #12426
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Got the new tank strap fitted, old one was still complete but definitely weak and very rust lol
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2021, 21:20   #12427
Captain Crappycrimp
Gets stuck in

Devil car is dead!

Started the strip down for the long awaited respray

2003 Le mans Green MG ZTT 1.8T, 2003 MG ZT CDTI BRG, ZT 190 Typhoon, 2001 Rover 75 1.8 Tourer , 2002 solar red MG ZTT 177, 2005 Silver MG ZTT CDTI, 2001 Trophy Blue MG ZT (Early No 131) 160, 2004 XPG MG ZT CDTI.
2004 MG ZT Ignition Blue MG Press car/Pheonix 4 personal car. Rover 75 CDT top spec Cowley car. 2003 MG ZT 190+ white Gold.

Couldn't save

MG ZT 1.8T XPG 2005 MG ZTT Goodwood Green(Devil car)

MY PROJECT

2004 MG ZTT Diesel auto in disappointing grey.
Captain Crappycrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2021, 17:37   #12428
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

Fitted a new (to me)fan unit with new resistor and for the first time in 6 years I have a fully functional fan.

Stan
Old 4th March 2021, 23:19   #12429
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsafly View Post
On the ZT-T today I removed the front bumper and slam panel, stripped, cleaned and lubricated the bonnet catches, fitted new release cables, polished the headlights and reassembled (after testing the front lights, horn and bonnet switch).
Removed the security wheel bolts and fitted new items from DMGRS - if anyone wants some original security wheel bolts and key (no.12) for free, let me know and I will post them off to you. I will be Changing the security bolts on the 75 soon (again a no.12 key), so they will be available soon if anyone wants them.
Fitted a set of new shiny bolt covers to the wheel nuts (hairpin wheels), looks so much better now - amazing how small details make such a difference!
Whilst moving the car on the drive noticed the outside temperature display read -30, did i read somewhere this is normal and will rectify itself after a period of time?
I think that your last paragraph means you have not connected the sensor up that is behind the bumper. Not sure but think I read it somewhere.
Old 4th March 2021, 23:32   #12430
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
I think that your last paragraph means you have not connected the sensor up that is behind the bumper. Not sure but think I read it somewhere.
The temperature display corrected itself the second time I drove the car after refitting the bumper so I guess it just needed time to calibrate.
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote