Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th March 2021, 16:46   #1
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Default 190 tyres.

Has anyone had experience with Toyo Proxies sport tyres, I have found a set for a very good price online and the customer ratings appear positive.
These tyres are going to be fitted to my ZT-T 190 to replace the Autogrip P308's that are currently fitted (the fronts are a little worn, rears like new but the level of grip they have is appalling) - these tyres were on the car when I bought it, i was quite pleased it had a matching set until I drove it!
I must admit though the tyres are acceptable if just bumbling about, but it's a 190 so I have to stretch its legs when the opportunity arises.
(If I want to drive around sedately then I use the 75 tourer).
I have had the tracking done recently, but will have four wheel tracking done when the tyres are fitted.
Does anyone have different recommendations for suitable tyres?
Many thanks, Paul.
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2021, 19:38   #2
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Got them on my MGZT sport 180 Auto, nice grip and quiet and feel nice and smooth- all subjective- some have said they dont last long but ok so far. Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2021, 00:35   #3
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsafly View Post
Has anyone had experience with Toyo Proxies sport tyres, I have found a set for a very good price online and the customer ratings appear positive.
These tyres are going to be fitted to my ZT-T 190 to replace the Autogrip P308's that are currently fitted (the fronts are a little worn, rears like new but the level of grip they have is appalling) - these tyres were on the car when I bought it, i was quite pleased it had a matching set until I drove it!
I must admit though the tyres are acceptable if just bumbling about, but it's a 190 so I have to stretch its legs when the opportunity arises.
(If I want to drive around sedately then I use the 75 tourer).
I have had the tracking done recently, but will have four wheel tracking done when the tyres are fitted.
Does anyone have different recommendations for suitable tyres?
Many thanks, Paul.
Anything will be an improvement on Autogrips. These tyres should only be allowed on vehicles being pushed around.

I have Dunlop Sport RT on mine. Good grip and low noise level so pleased so far. I purchased them at the beginning of last year from Kwik Fit when on offer of 15% discount so feel I got them for quite a good price.

Had Nexen N8000's previously and felt these were very good value for money.

I'm sure the Toyo's will be a vast improvement grip wise. They may be a bit on the noisey side on certain road surfaces perhaps.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote