Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th April 2021, 19:40   #1
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

Default Carbon footprint

Pets have a much larger carbon footprint than our cars, well that's a turn up for the books

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-ne...pollution-cars

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2021, 09:04   #2
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

An interesting point- the carbon footprint of for instance the millions of American buffaloes that roamed the North American plains or the many other grass/plant eating massive herds there and in Africa must have been considerable before we killed them off-do the climate experts factor that ?figure? into their calculations? Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2021, 09:10   #3
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Does that mean we will all be required to have electric pets by 2035?
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2021, 09:14   #4
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

When Mount St Helens erupted in the eighties more carbon dioxide was pumped into the atmosphere in the first weeks than had been produced by human activity in a millenia. 9 million tons in the first hour, who's kidding who? Climate change, the most lucrative ponzi scheme yet invented.
Westonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2021, 12:15   #5
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

In my 82nd year of being on this rock floating around the sun, I have come to the conclusion that the human race, some of them anyway, are to stupid to understand what a load of rubbish they are being fed. I would sincerely like to have a serious discussion with these people who imagine that the end of the world is around the corner. I would like to invite them to have a look back in history at certain incidents that took place and are still taking place (volcanic eruptions) as mentioned above by Westonboy. Have a look at the results for the last 12 months of the amount of carbon that was still in the air after the curtailment of a lot of manufacturing which pump carbon into the atmosphere. There is one thing those that really believe the rubbish, you have the solution in your own hands, hold you breath for half hour,. There will be no global problem then.
Old 28th April 2021, 15:20   #6
MacRob
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

The government conveniently hit their reduction targets last year by May and again this year by the end of February. Expect at least another couple of lockdowns in the next few years so they can hit the targets they promised they would reach by 2025.
I have asked these people time and again to explain how the last Ice age ended and the planet heated up. Funny as none of them can answer it. It’s like they all fail to mention the 30 plus volcanos under the ice caps (about a 3rd are active) when it comes to causes of them melting. Oh no, it’s our cars and mankind as a whole that is to blame.
Remember when they told us back in the late 80s that within 10 years the sea levels would have risen by meters? Never happened. Or the hole in the Ozone would NEVER repair? Again, wrong as its already 2rds smaller than it was. It’s all to do with money and nothing else. Always has been and always will be.
Old 28th April 2021, 15:28   #7
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

I can remember in the 50s we were being told we were entering another mini ice age. That also never happened. Some of these off Centre people still think the world is flat. But as has been said, money,money,money comes first, and the stupid are only to ready to hand it over. It’s the same as scams on the internet and elsewhere. I have not fell for any of them yet also.
Old 28th April 2021, 15:38   #8
MacRob
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
I can remember in the 50s we were being told we were entering another mini ice age. That also never happened. Some of these off Centre people still think the world is flat. But as has been said, money,money,money comes first, and the stupid are only to ready to hand it over. It’s the same as scams on the internet and elsewhere. I have not fell for any of them yet also.
I wont mention the latest scam that is going on but I think you can guess
Old 28th April 2021, 15:48   #9
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

If you saw the interview with that report's author on GMB on Tuesday morning, you may have thought it was 1st April all over again. The amount of CO2 he was spouting was unbelievable. Pure comedy. It's this sort of report that gives science a bad name.
Old 28th April 2021, 16:15   #10
Kevin Williams
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Tourer [116 bhp] in Wedgwood Blue / MG ZT CDTi [131bhp] in Anthracite

You can see how folk will get ready for electric pets: call them all Sparky!

Could be a great wheeze for sales folk as no hairs, no toiletting, no walks needed. but you'd probably need an animal with a hamster wheel to generate some electricity to make it all work!
Kevin Williams is offline   Reply With Quote