Old 23rd May 2021, 21:19   #11
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
Perhaps I should clarify.

I do not leave negative feedback unless it is truly deserved, if a seller has 100% up to that point but has given me sh*tty service or product then I would leave the appropriate feedback.

As a buyer I have satisfied all of the conditions to earn positive feedback by simply paying in full for the goods. I have left positive feedback in the past because the goods arrived quick but then have found out that they were either wrong or the incorrect amount.

Until quite recently I was a seller on eBay ending after over 12 years, I have been left negative feedback simply because I didn't reply to someone's message about postage within an hour of them sending it, also for not dispatching goods the same day when they didn't pay until almost 5pm.

However, If I am completely happy then positive feedback is left, if I have a problem and the seller is being an @rse about things then that's a different matter, a neutral feedback isn't bad, the comments left alongside it explains why neutral.

That must be clear now, good service/no problems = good feedback, the rest is all to scale, it's only the reviews that guide other people to buy from sellers, unless they are selling cheap tut.
it seems you may have given positive feedback before checking the item properly, a lesson to be learnt.

you may have fulfilled conditions by paying on time but what is to stop you leaving negative feedback once the seller leaves you positive feedback for paying quickly?

If I receive an item that is not right or damaged but contacting the seller resolves it, I would leave positive feedback. It is not about the mistake but how it is handled. mistakes happen and does not mean the seller is trying to con anyone

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2021, 06:33   #12
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Hi, a few years ago, I bought a flexi brake pipe for my 75. It was advertised as a certain make, that I had confidence in. I bought it and on inspection it was of obscure make. I complained to no avail then left negative feedback. The seller phoned me up putting pressure on me to withdraw the feedback saying some story about his son had handled the transaction whilst he was ill and it would adversely affect his business. I had two such phone calls trying to bully me. My feedback just described what had happened. Anyway a while later I noticed the same seller had a 100% positive feedback record!
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2021, 17:52   #13
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
Twice this week I have brought (and paid for) new brakes for the back of my ZT, both sellers (separate parts of the country and no connection to each other) have marked as posted but then sent me a message the following day saying we are out of stock, we can supply such and such alternative, my money was returned (paypal) but it left me thinking that many sellers are selling stocks of items they don't actually have.
The one seller is still advertising as 4 available (2 sold)
On e-Bay, about every part listed fits a Triumph 2500 and a search on Amazon revels new vehicles available. The e-Bay one makes me ANGRY as I have to go through many more pages than I should to check what is available

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote