Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th June 2021, 20:16   #11
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Final polished my headlights today using a Holts headlight restoration kit (i had previously used the kit to remove all the oxidisation from the lenses and lightly polished them before taking the car to Rick-sta for quad halogen conversion last week).
The abrasive discs (800, 1,000, 1,500 and 3,000 grit) worked very well, but I wasn't so impressed with the polishing liquid, so I cleaned the polishing pad supplied with the kit and used 3M fast cut followed by 3M hand glaze until I was happy with the finish of the lenses.
The supplied U.V sealant was very easy to apply but I will have to wait to see how well it lasts.
I also used the 3M compounds on the instrument cluster of the 75 tourer with good results (when I removed it to take to Rick-sta to have a new IPK LCD fitted I noticed just how scratched it was - looked like it had been cleaned it with Scotchbrite at some point in the past!), going to remove the instrument cluster from the ZT-T for similar treatment as I now notice the poor finish compared with the 75 one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210604_210609.jpg (134.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0750.jpg (135.7 KB, 5 views)
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2021, 20:52   #12
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

simple answer .. once they have been done properly just keep on top once a month with the turtle wax when you wash her. ....
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote