Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th June 2021, 10:59   #31
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

stop start gets some getting use to but drivers do idle their engines at level crossings and traffic lights when they will be Red for quite some time.
If it helps stop the ongoing pollution can it really be a bad idea. I manually turn my engine off if I think I will be stationary for a long time but stop start will turn it off more frequently.

I have tried charging the wifes battery and taking it for a decent run and still the car would not turn itself off. The dealer has said battery is on the way out so we have ordered a new one, if it still does not switch off then a refund will be in order.
I too have been concerned about the starter motors and general electrics of her car, it is so much more complicated then a Rover 75 and I dont think there is the skill out there, except at a dealers, that this forum has.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2021, 16:49   #32
Mean & Green
Regular poster

MG ZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
stop start gets some getting use to but drivers do idle their engines at level crossings and traffic lights when they will be Red for quite some time.
If it helps stop the ongoing pollution can it really be a bad idea. I manually turn my engine off if I think I will be stationary for a long time but stop start will turn it off more frequently.

I have tried charging the wifes battery and taking it for a decent run and still the car would not turn itself off. The dealer has said battery is on the way out so we have ordered a new one, if it still does not switch off then a refund will be in order.
I too have been concerned about the starter motors and general electrics of her car, it is so much more complicated then a Rover 75 and I dont think there is the skill out there, except at a dealers, that this forum has.

macafee2
Have you ever looked at any Focus forums? There actually is plenty of knowledge and info out there if you look for it.

With regards to starter motors, I’ve found nothing on any Focus forums or groups to suggest there are any premature failures of starter motors.

As for complexity of electrical systems, think of it this way - a 75 or ZT is far more complex than say a P6 or SD1. Things move on and become more technically advanced. If MG-Rover were still here today they’d be just as complex along with everyone else.

The car needs a battery, it’s not the end of the world.

Also incase you haven’t read my previous post about the battery monitor reset, check this out…

https://youtu.be/e_W4C5qz8cM

Last edited by Mean & Green; 14th June 2021 at 17:10..
Mean & Green is offline   Reply With Quote