Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Items Wanted
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th June 2021, 20:26   #1
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Default ZTT front NS strut complete

Need to remedy a pot hole event thats knackered the strut on front passengar side ideally want a complete strut n spring assembly for passenger side.

Thanks

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2021, 17:43   #2
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retap View Post
Need to remedy a pot hole event thats knackered the strut on front passengar side ideally want a complete strut n spring assembly for passenger side.

Thanks
Don't the 260's people do regular orders (for the v8's only maybe)?

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2021, 11:11   #3
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Hi Kev, sorry not entirely sure what you mean but there is one rather nice looking complete strut on the ebay for a 260 that wont help me tho?

As an update I wouldn't mind getting hold of a front pair as it would make sense to put a finger in the money pit hole that is Nigel.

So if anybody has to sadly break a 135 with reasonable condition front struts i'm ready and waiting. Otherwise this job is going to be min £400 to buy new springs n shocks plus compressor and that's if the pinch bolts dont put up tough resistance needing garage help.

You gotta love the A15 living in Lincolnshire but enemy troops seem to lurk at the bottom of every trench upon that road.

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels

Last edited by Retap; 26th June 2021 at 11:15..
Old 26th June 2021, 11:43   #4
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retap View Post

Thanks
if you are replacing the shock with new, you should replace both sides, especially if they are original. It is recommended to replace the springs as pairs too, but you can get away with just one (I have done it, but did notice a difference, plus the tyres wore at different rates - but that could have been other issues).

Spring compressors are not that expensive, nor difficult to use (just frightening lol). I had a look on Rimmers, and elsewhere, it seems most places have stopped doing complete assemblies. Contact Mat or Scott at DMGRS to see if they can do you a deal, they are decent guys.

If you need to go used you could probably get away with just the one (but not something I could recommend due to potential balance issues), speak to some of the traders on here, Mickboy, or Holland.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2021, 12:25   #5
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Hi CLF thanks for the reply.

I would ideally like to replace both front shocks and springs agreed.

As a quick fix i would do the NS only with a second hand complete strut if can find one and see how it goes as need to save money for now but both springs are ready for change and ide like to do both so a pair YES! And for once i agree with my old man, have spent to much on this car recently but do enjoy driving it especially since refurbishing the HP pump and reverse bleeding the clutch.

The plan as i keep telling myself is to setup to get a good 5 years out the car so it pays me back and im almost there having spent a good wad on the rear upper arms n springs and trailing arm bushes n brackets that cured the uneven tyre wear now just got to get the front struts sorted and then worry about OS rear jacking point rusting away as already done the NS one last year. The chasis is in good nick thats why i will soldier on but the state of the roads man the roads

Great ideas thanks, if cant find a second hand pair then will likely see if DMGRS or others could provide new ready built struts. I know the spring compressor for a decent one is about £80 but i dont see myself using it more than once or twice a decade as not in the trade i guess we'll see...

Last edited by Retap; 26th June 2021 at 12:32..
Old 26th June 2021, 17:59   #6
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

Mat supplied my front bits built up , shock , springs and top bearings.
Makes life a lot easier , old one out ,new one in.

Stan
Old 29th June 2021, 10:47   #7
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
Mat supplied my front bits built up , shock , springs and top bearings.
Makes life a lot easier , old one out ,new one in.

Stan

That would be ideal but im not entirely sure who Mat is only joined after first lock down so never been to a meet, does he run DMGRS?

Am growing increasingly resigned to getting the spring compressors it would seem trying to do this without is folly some parts no longer available need swapping over anyway meh... Or buy another car and start again

So here it is, i am on the market for both front struts complete new but fully built. Where art thou Mat?

Last edited by Retap; 29th June 2021 at 11:00..