Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th June 2021, 23:03   #51
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Christopher (Mileshawk), Cliff (Teflon), Jon (Colvert):

My English teacher in 1957, who was a retired Oxford Don and superb Naval Historian, used to set quizzes on figures of speech and folklore. His eminent and considered opinion was that 'tow rag' was in fact a Naval term used in connection with the crew otherwise-known as grease monkeys.

The below decks areas on medieval men-of-war were very low headroom areas and young boys were used to supply the gunners with refills for the shot trolleys following action. They were also required to keep the timbers down there (as well as the cannon) lubricated with 'tow' - a greasy waxy preparation made from amongst other things - dripping. Not unlike axle grease, it was awful stuff that stank to high heaven but was effective. It was also put on wounds apparently. So, 'tow rag' became a term for the foul smelling waifs and strays that had been shanghaied into service.

My school was not posh. It was a good Secondary Modern in Runcorn, Cheshire. So good in fact that the murderous ignorant peasants that were the council demolished it. The motto of the school was (Latin) 'Non est Sine Labore Parma'. The best part of it? The insistence of good English and the Boxing Club.
Old 27th June 2021, 23:21   #52
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

This of mine posted elsewhere quite some time ago (several months):

'At the risk of arousing ridicule from the alleged cognoscenti:

Two years ago we two elder citizens were, hesitate to put this but it is actually true, harangued by our surgery to get the Flu jab. I say harangued, it amounted to three phone calls each a month apart, and the message was strong.

I looked into this at the time and discovered the numbers being vaxxed for Flu had been dwindling for some years and there was serious concern building in the business of public health about it.

We, in the zone age-wise, both had never had Flu and also never been vaxxed. Then, this latest public health panic broke out. Whatever the underlying cause, I felt it was very much the same as serious Flu in that the outcomes were similar in effect and results were comparative. I’ve seen nothing since 2/3 years ago to counter that.

Except, of course, figures thrown at me every day along with panic measures of impending doom. I remain, to use a phrase not to be associated with any political preference, extremely cynical and sensible about our health.

We are both precious to each other, and will never take any speculative chances with anything these NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- politicos put out at the drop of a hat. The figures mentioned earlier are a joke. They are self-denying, from different sources, and bear no relation to what I see before me with the hindsight of a lifetime of health awareness.

Latest figures from these increasingly shabby transparent liars do nothing to change minds. In fact they render most preceding figures false.
Seriously, how anybody trusts the veracity of this shabby crowd of chancers beats me. Now we are to be threatened, blackmailed and undergo attempted isolation unless we comply.

It is Flu, it can kill, it can be discomforting, and by far the majority of outcomes are nowhere near as bad as those caused by the measures being taken. There is not one chance in Hell we will be vaccinated, whatever the threatened privations'.

It's just struck me that the last but one paragraph there, written over a month ago, has more than a slight reminder of current events. Amazing.

I won't bother explaining the 'naughty word', it is in everyday genuine medical use and not a swear word. Just for the record.

Last edited by wraymond; 27th June 2021 at 23:26..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2021, 06:17   #53
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Lying in his job, presumably under orders, is one thing. It fades when the other thing is revealed and can only confirm the mistrust and rejection of anything he says.

People are already suggesting he will be back in other office before long. What does that say about his colleagues?
All politicians seem to be economical with the truth. Hancock could not be truthful with BJ and/or the cabinet.

It would not surprise me if he made a "comeback" - the whole edifice is rotten!

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2021, 06:23   #54
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
"If anybody thinks they could have done a better job over the last 18 months I suggest they put there name forward at the next election but I suspect any of us would have made the same or even bigger mistakes. I would not want that job for any amount of money."
Yes, most of us would also make mistakes but would we lie and cover them up? Probably, it's human nature. What most might not do is state we would have a world beating test & trace costing £37 billion from a starting point of 500 cases per day (50 per day at start of pandemic).

I'm still working out how a pub landlord got a contract for £33 million to supply test tubes?

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2021, 06:33   #55
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

I would not worry, if I were you. I would prepare! We will all get it, you might even have had it! But it is going to spread like any other flu.
Stock up on Ivermectin and Oxy- whatever as well as vitamin D and Zinc supplement. And whatever you do, try and stay out of hospital, if at all possible! The nastiest and the most cunning diseases are the ones thriving in hospitals, you don't want to wrestle with those, if you are already a bit weak, unless you have no other choice!
I admire your strongwilled son. It is not easy keeping your head straight when all others go off the rails in droves. Good on him !
You are right, the MSM has vanguarded the response to the disease with fear, loathing and a good deal of scaremongering, while the elite have been picking up the pieces at sale prices.
This has been one of the fastest re-distribution efforts in world history, outside of armed conflict, and it has flowed from the bottom to the top!
What the long term consequences are going to be is not clear to me, but they will surely be immense, and I fear not beneficial to us mortals.

Oh, and I see the CDC (Centre for Disease Control) are now adding a warning of potential heart damage to the instruction leaflets handed out with the mRA "vaccines". This warning is getting you banned from Facebook and Twitter, if you were to post that. So I guess they are now going to ban CDC?

We live in a bizarre world indeed.

Whichever way you look at it.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...ocarditis.html
https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...e-june-25-2021
(note, any loss of heart muscle is permanent! the heart does not repair itself like most other organs, so to speak of "mild" problems is relative. Any damage done will be permanent, but might only show up in years to come, when the "reserves" built into the heart function run out)

Last edited by kaiser; 28th June 2021 at 07:07.. Reason: link and comment added
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2021, 07:17   #56
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Yes.

it seems to be that if you don't get the jab you're some sort of outcast in the eyes of the government. I've yet to see anything that mentions natural anti-bodies as protection, it's all about the vaccines and nothing else fits the narrative. I want to travel and hope to do so soon, the downside is I've not had the jab and won't consider it unless my natural protection suddenly vanishes. If being vaccinated is going to be the rule to join in with anything such as jobs, travel etc, that's going to be a real problem and will present legal challenges. I was called by the vaccine people the other day once again, the message is quite forceful that they're scripted to give you but, I told him that as long as I've got the anti-bodies I don't want it.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2021, 08:23   #57
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

The problem is vaccines dont work for everyone, one of the wives friends is a nurse and after she had been vaccinated she was tested to see if she responded to the vaccine. As she had not generated any antibodies she was given the other vaccine and has now antibodies.

I have no idea of how many dont generate antibodies once vaccinated but if it is 20% to get heard immunity they would need to vaccinate the hole population. If there is another 20% that wont get vaccinated we will never reach the magic figure.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2021, 09:38   #58
kaiser
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGJohn View Post
You Kaiser, see things in the same way as I do.

to understand that.
Then I will consider myself to be in excellent company!
Old 28th June 2021, 09:40   #59
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Default No, getting the flu is not the same as Covid

It is becoming increasingly apparent that owning a R75 carries the risk of being more than slightly mad. "Covid is no worse than catching the 'flu." "Take hydroxychloroquine." "Not a chance of being vaccinated." Etc etc.

Might I suggest that these people put a sticker on their bumpers "Keep your distance" or "Beware" or "I'm immortal". In the meantime a swift read of this article from a doctor who's worked for 32 years in acute wards might penetrate - but I doubt it.
Old 28th June 2021, 12:53   #60
kaiser
This is my second home

And I see the referee is batting for the one team!!