Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th April 2024, 18:08   #1
rga1983

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Dealer Launch Vehicle History Question

Excuse the slightly long first post, but I’m trying to understand the history of my car a little better and I hope you knowledgeable people might be able to help.

I’ve had my car since November, but I sadly know very little about its past. Based on the chassis number and slightly strange specification, I’m 99% certain it’s one of the dealer launch cars (Serpent alloys were added recently). However, I’m curious about what happened to the car after it was built.

The car has a Northampton number plate (ending 'NV') and the service book shows that the car had its pre-delivery inspection carried out at the Rover Preparation Centre in Rugby. From what I’ve been able to gather so far, these two things could mean it was a Rover staff/management vehicle as these were PDI’d in Rugby and registered via a DVLA office in Northamptonshire.

My question is, were the dealer launch vehicles all PDI’d by Rover themselves and then delivered to dealers? If the dealers did PDI their own launch vehicles, does that mean my car is likely to have been Rover-owned at the start of its life? Or could there be something else going on?

Thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed.
rga1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2024, 20:01   #2
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Send reebs a pm with the vin, he may have all the details 😎

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote